“July 2013 Ghost walk”

St Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“July 2013 Ghost walk”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I don't believe in ghost, however i do like a good story. This tour was was very good and our tour guide had our little ones mesmerized with the presentation and ghost tales. The walking tour went along the St Simons beach front to the lighthouse and then meandered back into the historic streets of St Simons. Streets we would not of visited if not for this tour. While I was skeptical at the start, I highly recommend this tour and would definitely do again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joe H

GA
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A must do.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The lady who runs this is very accommodating. There were 9 of us who wanted to do a ghost tour and we kinda wanted to do it with just us. She said she would call in another guide to take us. I personally do not believe in ghosts but the guide made it interesting. The stories were fun and interactive.I would recommend this to anyone.

Macon, Georgia, United States
“Extraordinary Extrasensory Experience!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ghost Walk Review June 2013
Ghost Walk of Saint Simons provides an extraordinary, extrasensory experience featuring historian, tour guide and storyteller Jenny Strauss. The two hour tour interweaves history, culture and legend under star lit skies, to the crash of ocean waves, and the rustle of oak leaves dripping with Spanish moss. Lighthouse beams splash through the night, and black cats scamper to neighbors' front doors. Stories include ships, churches, soldiers, natives, men, women, children, cats, dogs, horses and hurricanes. Wear your walking shoes, bring your insect repellent, "Season your admiration for a while" (Hamlet 1.2), but don't miss it!

Dianne Dent Wilcox
Writer, Georgia Historian, Folklorist, Professor

Eatonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Windy Whispering Walk- Chelen Strickland, Eatonton, GA”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

As a child, I stayed with my immediate and extended family in a house just right to the lighthouse and museum almost every summer for several weeks. SSI has become a family favorite of my husband and children, and I enjoy sharing my childhood memories of visits to the lighthouse, pier, and walking early and late nights along the beach. It is a place near and dear to my heart. I never knew there was so much history behind these as well as other places on SSI, and Jenny brought to light many interesting ghosts and historical occurences that were right in the area of where I visited and played. I remember going up and down the lighthouse stairs and feeling eerie, and now that I know the history, it almost sent chills down my spine to know the true story behind it.
Jenny was exceptionally hospitable and showed excitement in her story telling, and was patient and cautious with my children and others. As a special educator, I was very proud she was accommodating to a lady that was in a wheelchair- way to go, Jenny! :D
It was a windy night, and we were lucky to have a very small group. Although we were not able to experience firsthand any encounters or did not see evidence of any orbs or other phenemona in our pictures, we found it to be a great adventure and worthwhile! Jenny is very personable and it is evident she enjoys her knowledge being passed onto others about this great place.
The only recommendation I have is to maybe give a family price so that it is not so much for a family of four or more considering it is a walking tour of two hours. Otherwise, it is a wonderful experience...kudos!

1 Thank Chelen S
Jenny S, Owner at Ghost Walk of Saint Simons, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
This very personal review is so appreciated! It was a very special night for the tour guide as well.
Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“good time had by all...”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I took a group of 8th grade girls. They had a great time and enjoyed the story teller very much. They talked about the ghost all the way back to the hotel.

Visited May 2013