“Wonderful steak, good trout, please clean the banisters.”
Review of Frederica House

Frederica House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I love going to Frederica House for the petite filet. Seared to perfection on the outside and juicy on the inside. My husband got the trout special tonight that was billed as pan seared and boneless. However, it had a bread crumb crust and lots of bones. Tasty, but just not what he expected. By the way, Excellent crab stew app tonight - best ever of the several times we've ordered it.

Now, speaking to atmosphere, I do recommend that the owner/manager take a minute and run their hands over the wooden banisters as they go upstairs and recognize that they feel sticky and "nasty". I feel like washing my hands after touching them, but the restrooms are downstairs, so it would take another trip down and up the rather steep stairs. Banisters are needed on those stairs, but they feel like a zillion hands have touched them (and probably have since this is a popular place!). I'd recommend that they replace them with metal banisters that can be wiped down each day. I'm by no means a clean freak, but I would love to see management address this issue as well as the sad looking carpet on those stairs.

There are newer reviews for Frederica House

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The BEST fried shrimp on the Island. Frederica House has been around a long time and there is a reason why....consistently good food, good service, and good atmosphere. Good for families, groups, couples, and they have a wonderful early bird special for those on a more limited budget. I love this restaurant and go every time I visit St. Simons!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I would not recommend the place as I guarantee you will not be pleased. It is over priced for what you get as well as poor food quality. Also, the salad dressing was rather odd tasting. Also, is takes forever for them to serve you, even when there were only a few quest dining at the time.

2  Thank star892
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the Frederica House on a recommendation from friends. The four of us were disappointed in the quality of the food. Three of us had shrimp and filet. The filet was really good - tender and tasty. The shrimp was a major disappointment. It had no taste and no texture. One in the party had blackened grouper that was very good. The green beans were mush. This might be an o.k. Place for lunch but we would not go back for dinner.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a seafood platter and broiled scallops. My scallops had no color at all which in my experience is unusual for broiled scallops. Not very appetizing to look at but tasted fine. This is just a predictable seafood restaurant. Good quality but nothing outstanding in flavors.