“My favorite place for breakfast.... ever!”

Sandcastle Cafe & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I would literally eat here every day of my vacation on St, Simon's. Buffet style breakfast, but tastes like homemade. The best huge, fluffy waffles topped with fresh pecans. Get there early, before the crowd in the mornings. Lunch is good, also. Locals love it, too!

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We ate here twice,and our waitress remembered our drink orders. It's a shabby chic little cafe',with great home cooked breakfast buffet including quiche',scrambled eggs,buiscuits,cinnamon rolls,lots of fruit,but are glad to cook your eggs to order,or French toast or pancakes if you prefer at no extra charge! The service is quick yet superb!The atmosphere is casual yet clean. But they are the first to admit that they are on "island time" and there is a Krystal's up the street if you want fast food. I will certainly be back to this establishment.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Breakfast buffet, but the wait staff will ask how you want your eggs and what kind of bread. I'm confused, both are on the buffet. Once seated, start looking around and there is dust hanging from the many objects (decorations) at least an inch thick. I'm praying it doesn't fall on my food. There are plenty of employees standing around. The young staff are eating or texting. The crud on the floor and around the baseboard is thick. I did not enjoy my experience here. I will only try this place again, IF, the restaurant gets a deep cleaning. (FDA score on wall showed "95".... I have a hard time believing this)

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family has been eating the breakfast buffet for years on vacation and it is the best I have ever had. Last year we ate lunch there twice and it was also outstanding. Great place!

1  Thank Chase E
Reviewed July 12, 2014

It's always a good idea to eat with the locals, and for years my husband and I have chosen the Sandcastle to have an informal lunch where the crab cakes are delicious and the shrimp salad is always a treat.