“Good food at reasonable prices”

Sandcastle Cafe & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a really good restaurant in the Village at SSI. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Their food is very good. My favorites are the Salamagundi salad and the crab cakes.

1  Thank Kenneth D

Reviewed May 21, 2014

i am a local resident and i have been to sandcastle cafe for the last time. Mother's day my son and i had breakfast and it was real bad. We were handed menu's and when I asked for my usual tropical fruit cup I was told it will come from the buffet. We ordered our food and within a minute it was delivered to our table. What was the point of the menu's? Food was slopped on our plates and fruit was day old at best- not fresh.My sons plate was picked up by a kitchen helper before he finished his food. Then the table behind us let there two dogs eat off there plates on top of the table. One was little and the other was a large dog that sat on the bench like a person at the table.Couldn't believe it everyone was staring around us.

3  Thank 712mildred
Reviewed May 14, 2014

My wife and I were out checking things out today while on vacation at St. Simons Island, GA. We spent some time shopping in the shops on Mallery St. near the pier and then got hungry, so we decided to check out a local place nearby. The Sandcastle Cafe and Grill was right off the pier and it looked interesting, so we decided to check it out. I ordered a Cheeseburger in Paradise and she ordered a Salamagundi salad, half salad at that. We were so surprised when they brought the food out. We actually sat right across from the grill and watched them prepare food, so we weren't totally shocked. The size of their servings is HUGE. My wife had ordered a half salad, and if that was half you should get a T-Shirt if you can eat a whole one. And she thought it was a great salad. The cheeseburger was big too, and delicious. It is just a small place, with tables and one booth inside, and a few tables to eat outside. The decorations are what you would expect at a place next to the ocean. The service was very good, and our waitress was very attentive without being overbearing and over attentive. I would definitely eat here again. As a matter of fact, after seeing their seafood offerings come out on some plates we are thinking about going back to check it out on another day.

1  Thank Sermn8ter
Reviewed May 13, 2014

You can't get a better breakfast on St Simons Island. If you're undecided, simply have the buffet - it has everything. The coffee is wonderful and you're wasting your time and money by going to Starbucks for a "cup of Joe."
Want a Mimosa or a Bloody Mary, no problem and you can't beat the price.
Also open for lunch.
Afterwards, go for a stroll on the Pier and you maybe able to catch a glimpse of the local dolphin looking for a meal.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Amazing breakfast! The breakfast bar is wonderful, but I like to order off the menu. They make excellent eggs Benedict. My husband likes the Oivey breakfast (smoked salmon, bagel, cream cheese), however , there's no boiled egg with this item (there should be in my opinion). The pancakes and waffles are excellent as well. There is usually a wait to get in, but it moves quickly. I've never had lunch here, but I hear it's excellent as well. The facility is rather small with inside and outside seating.