“Restaurant right out of kitchen nightmares”

Sandcastle Cafe & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went here based on reviews an it was just ok. I swear it could be a contestant for kitchen nightmares. The decor is very outdated and husband noticed dust piled up on a stuffed animal and I was just waiting for it to fall in my food. Staff was kind of friendly, the woman greeted us at the door but that was as far as it went. The staff looked completely miserable just waiting to get customers in. They were all sitting at the hostess table with a blank stare on their face all looking outside. Very strange. We both got a shrimp poor boy and it came out pretty quickly and hot. It was ok...fries were really good. Not sure if we'd go here again though :/

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been going to the Sandcastle for many years and it just keeps getting better. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, the lunch menu is innovative and delicious, and now they serve drink specials. A very friendly staff makes this my favorite spot on the island.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everytime I visit the island I make sure to eat at the Sandcastle! Best breakfast, muffins are fresh baked and the service is excellent. Lunch is delicious- crabcakes and shrimp salad are my favorites. Fresh food, portions are very generous- great value!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We have been to the Sandcastle many times including last week. The service and food is always excellent and the prices are reasonable. We have recommended it to many of our friends who have consistently reported that they love the food.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

A whole groups of my friends and I rented a house on the island for georgia Florida weekend, 12 of us total. We ate breakfast at sandcastle the whole weekend. They were very accommodating to our big party and the food was great and very quick! We came back for lunch after spending the day on east beach, we showed up at 2:30 on the dot(when they close)and they still sat us and the food was awesome! Cheap drinks and the food is definitely bang for your buck! Will definitely be returning for spring break!