“Best pizza I have ever ate”
Review of Tramici

Tramici
Reserve with OpenTable
Tramici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sea Island Causeway
“Best pizza I have ever ate”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

First let me say we love Tramici and we go every time we are on the island last night when we went they were really busy and when we first got there they told us it was going to be 2 hours before we could get a table but then the hostess walked all around the dining room and came back and she had found a table yay we didn't have to wait on a Friday night then we ordered there bread is amazing love it we got our stuffed mushrooms which were really good we ordered a build your own pizza which is what we always do so my husband has some for a midnight snack we got the pizza and let me just say I was so disappointed the crust wasn't crispy like it always is the toppings were just kinda thrown on you had some pieces that were completely covered with toppings some that only had 1 topping and it was just really soggy I was so disappointed because we only get to the island 1 or 2 times a year and that is the main place I look forward to eating I am one of those people who never complain never send anything back and my husband was like just say something so I did our waitress was really nice about it explained that they had a new pizza guy she immediately took the pizza back and ordered us a new one the manager came over and apologized the waitress came over several times because the new one took a long time to come out but the new one came out finally and looked amazing it was missing one of our toppings that we had asked for by the way the we get the pizza with roasted peppers (which is the best part) chicken and mushrooms and last night we added pepperoni they forgot the chicken but it looked amazing it was really good they ended up comping the pizza since it was the second one and it still wasn't right but it was still a really good pizza and they would have gotten us another one but we just took that one since it looked amazing just was missing chicken and the pizza not only looked good it tasted great I was no longer disappointed we will still always go to Tramici when we r here

Savannah, Ga
“Nice Atmosphere. Excellent Food.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Enjoyed this restaurant while visiting St. Simons. The atmosphere was nice, the service good, and the food was excellent. I enjoyed the Seafood Fra Diavolo (very spicey) while my wife had the Chicken Parmesan. While this was our first visit, it will not be our last. I don't think you will be disappointed either.

• Visited March 2014
Tampa, Florida
“Delish”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Was recommended by a friend who lives on the island. LOVE IT! The atmosphere was great. Our food was very good, and our server was attentive. He knew exactly when to stop at the table. Tramici's sister restaurant Halyards is right nest door. The two restaurants are separated by a cozy patio. You can eat there too. It was a little too chilly outside for me. They do have heaters. I asked about getting a half portion. He said absolutely -they so that on almost all of their meals. They don't advertise it-you must ask. I still couldn't finish my half portion.

Visited March 2014
Warrenton, Georgia
“Very good but pricey”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy Italian restaurants, so Tramici's has been on our list to visit. I made reservations earlier on the same Saturday we intended to dine at Tramici's. I suggest that everyone make reservations here. It's a very busy restaurant.

The atmosphere is very nice, but the restaurant is noisy. We were fortunate to get a booth so we did have some degree of intimacy albeit loud.

We split a wedge salad for $9.00! Normally the salad is $8.00 but there is a dollar up charge if it's split. We were not told this by our waitress. The salad was very good though.

My wife chose the GA Wild Shrimp & Blue Crab with Fettuccine & Tomato Fondue for $18. I had the Lasagna for $15.

We had one mixed drink for $10 and water with our dinner. We also split a dessert. Our total bill was $62.84 not including the tip. The food was very good, but I certainly wouldn't call it great. Tramici's is an attractive dining option for an above average experience, but I was disappointed by the total cost. I can get better Italian food for half the price elsewhere. Granted, the other options will not have the same atmosphere, but it's a matter of what is important to you.

By comparison, we spend about the same or more money at Blackwater Grill on St. Simon's Island, and we've eaten there dozens of times over the past 14 years. I've never complained about the cost at Blackwater Grill because I feel the food is exceptional.

I definitely recommend Tramici's, but realize upfront that this will not be budget dining.

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went on a busy Saturday evening but had reservations and were seated immediately. Per a recommendation, we asked to be seated towards the back, as the front tends to get busy and the hostess happily obliged.
We had the fried artichoke for a starter - it was delicious! Then my fiancee had the Braised Short Rib and Goat Cheese Ravioli with Mushroom Cream - he said it was very good (there wasn't a drop left). I had the Chicken Picatta, which was a great dish also; the chicken cooked perfectly, and the right mix of spinach and artichokes for flavor and texture and not too many noodles! You could tell that the chef cares about presentation and understands that portion sizes don't have to be large to feel like a good value. We finished with the chocolate on the rocks dessert which was good but I felt like should have had a little more chocolate mousse in it. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly and had great recommendations to assist with our dining experience. She was very quick and attentive. We will definitely be back!

Visited February 2014