“Spot on!”

Catch 228 Oyster Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Catch 228 Oyster Bar & Grill on St. Simons IslandFeaturing Raw, Steamed, and Baked Oysters. Everyday from 4-6 PM 75 cent oysters. Also featuring Crab Legs as well as LOTS of other Seafood Offerings,soups, Salads,nonseafood, and MUCH MUCH MORE! Full Bar Available and Live Music
Valrico, Florida
“Spot on!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dinner Saturday evening was delicious. While waiting for our table I was able to browse the surrounding boutiques and even grab a beer. I opted for the Shrimp and Grits it was Killer!

Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Catering”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We had Brad and Dave cater a low country boil and BBQ for our rehearsal dinner. They bent over backwards to help us find another venue when ours fell through, which was a great first impression. They followed that up with simply the best low country boil and BBQ we have ever tasted. They were professional, on time, and always trying to go above and beyond. Do yourself a favor and use these guys for any of your catering needs!

• Visited August 2013
Durham,NC
“a good catch”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I were at St. Simon's Island wandering and shopping . Got hungry for lunch and stopped in at Catch 228 by chance . Clean but not high class. Friendly and outstanding service. The oysters were the best that I have had in a long while. The soup was excellent. The menu had great choices. Comfortable environment and fun. We will plan to stop there again if we get close.

• Visited May 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“We love 'Catch!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visit Catch every month or so. My golf buddies have made this the "go-to" destination for the first day of our golf trip. It is what it is. Good oysters, nice selection of fried seafood (I think the best shrimp on the island), good gumbo and stew. Good selection of draft beers. It's not a French restaurant, people. It's a nice, local oyster bar with good selections and good service. Try the fried oysters. Come and relax...isn't that why you're on an island?

Visited August 2013
Brunswick, Georgia
“I'd Like to Rate it Higher...”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visited Catch 228 on two different occasions, and were somewhat underwhelmed each time. On our first visit (June 2013), we sat out on the patio and enjoyed a couple of beers and light snack. The food was average, and the service was slow...but on a bright note, the live music was great! On our second visit, we sat inside at the bar. The place was packed (Friday night) and bar seating was by far the fastest way to get served. The bartender was quick to take our drink order and offer us a menu, but took forever to get back to take our food order.

Our meals arrived in a timely fashion, which was a pleasant surprise, given the crowd. My Chicken and Sausage Gumbo was a soup-no Roux here! The bowl had a noticeable lack of "guts", and the rice was undercooked. The flavor was good, however, just not the Gumbo I was looking for. My other half ordered a Grilled Fish (Flounder) Wrap, specifying a Tomato wrapper (there were several choices here) and his super fresh fish arrived wrapped in a flour tortilla...oops. I tasted the Flounder, and it was perfectly moist and delicious! His grilled veggies were average-nothing outstanding.

Overall, I would say stick with the seafood here, sit out on the patio if you can, and enjoy the live music, which they had on both visits.

• Visited August 2013