“Very Relaxing!”

The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
Reviewed July 11, 2014

In my opinion, this was the best place to stay on St. Simon's. I had debated on a few choices and I am glad I chose The King and Prince. It was beach front, very clean and updated. There was a bar and restaurant at the hotel. We stayed in the Historic Building on the second floor. You could sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean view or you are just steps from the beach! We journeyed to Jekyll Island, where I had considered staying, and I would not recommend it, if you are trying to decide.

Room Tip: The Historic Building was very private.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2014

From the moment I checked in, all my cares disappeared and all of my needs were met. The room was perfect for.a single traveler. I had a view of the ocean. From my room to the ocean was about 3 minutes. There are swings along the beach pathway that are great for just watching the ocean. The restaurant, Echo, was wonderful and prices were very reasonable. What impressed me the most was the service. The front desk was courteous and efficient, but more importantly very friendly. Housekeeping was friendly and fulfilled all of my little requests. The staff at Echo were the best. Young and friendly and very polite. This was a wonderful vacation for me. I would recommend The King & Prince to everyone and I look forward to going back this fall with my daughter!

Room Tip: The historic building is on the beach. That is where I stayed and will stay in the future. The who...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Bud S, Manager at The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dbyeomans,

We are so glad that your vacation was refreshing and relaxing!
We hope that you will consider us again when you decide to get away.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The King and Prince resort has a magical location -it is right on the beach making it an absolutely delightful vacation destination. We were there for 4 nights and it was fantastic. We arrived there on the 4th of July. The check in was a breeze. The door man brought all our luggage to our room and also gave my 3 year old a ride on the luggage trolley and some chocolates as well.

Our room was awesome. we were in the Ocean Front room with balcony in the History building - to sleep with the balcony door open to hear the waves lulling us to sleep was bliss.

The lobby is beautiful - it looked like a colonial era bungalow. The beach is just fantastic - they have beach chairs and umbrellas that we could rent - we had a blast swimming in the ocean, building sand castles, flying kites, etc. The swimming pools are very well maintained. They have a lovely kiddie pool which my 3 year old loved.

The swing sets facing the ocean was beautiful - an absolute delight to rock in it at night hearing the waves and seeing the ocean glisten under the moonlight. We ate at the Echo restaurant (separate review)

We were all so sad when our vacation ended. My son was in tears and he did not want to leave - the doorman went into the restaurants and brought him some chocolates.

The one improvement I would suggest is that they could add a few more showers for folks coming from the beach to clean up before entering the hotel.

All in all it was a memorable vacation, impeccable service, fantastic views and memories for a lifetime - I am sure we will be back.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Historic Ocean Front Building are amazing - pay the extra dollar and get the ocean...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The swings overlooking the ocean are absolutely delightful and one of our favorite features.
We hope you will come back to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

How any other resort or hotel on St. Simons Island could be rated higher than the King and Prince is beyond me. The quality of the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort is beyond compare. The lobby and public areas were a gorgeous welcome for what promised to be a glorious stay. The reception staff was friendly, helpful, and incredibly efficient. We stayed in an oceanfront suite in the historic building with a spectacular view of the beach and ocean. The sounds of the lapping waves was music to my ears. The numerous pools throughout the resort looked very welcoming but the available beach chairs and umbrella directly on the beach called. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and drinks at Echo restaurant overlooking the ocean. The beach is flat and available for a pleasant beach walk even at high tide. Our suite was exceptionally comfortable and large. My only complaint is that I can't live there permanently!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the King and Prince.
The sound of the waves is truly relaxing and the beach is perfect for walking.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We take a family vaction every summer. We went to Saint Simon Island. I had mixed feeling. I had heard such good things about this whole area. I was un-impressed. The resort only had one resturant and it was bad. We had a villa, which was a 2 bedroom house. We tried the laundry machine and it was so loud it was ueslest. The resort was just a little worn. The elevators were smelly, so we used the stairs to reach the third floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kymm I

We apologize that you were not able to relax and enjoy your recent visit to the resort.
We have taken all of your comments under consideration and will work to improve in these areas.
We sincerely hope that this does not deter you from future visits.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My wife and I just spent eight nights at the King and Prince - three nights were due to business and five were vacation. The hotel did a fine job accommodating our business meetings. The room was comfortable and reasonably priced. Of special note was our housekeeper Ashley - she was fantastic!! The newly renovated lobby and lounge area looks great. And the conceirge was outstanding!!

A couple of negatives. I had breakfast in the hotel one day and it really was not very good. And, even though I did not have dinner at the hotel I reviewed the dinner menu and it was very limited - and the wine list needs to be upgraded. The view from the restaurant is beautiful .

Overall, I think this is the best place to stay on St. Simons. We have stayed there multiple times and have never been disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a cabana room - well wort a few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
We are so glad that you enjoyed the service you recieved from both Ashley and the Concierge.
We really love the new Lobby as well, it is so warm and cozy.
We have shared your commnents with our Food & Beverage Department and they will work diligently to improve these areas.
Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The golf and the food make Saint Simon a first class getaway and The King and Prince is the icing on the cake.

From front desk check to accommodations I got the royal treatment including a nice beach view. It was relaxing and if you choose not to dine on property there are good choices a short walk away.

• Stayed: June 2014

We are so glad your time at the King and Prince was both enjoyable and relaxing.
We were so glad to have you as our guest and hope that you will join us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!