The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Holiday Inn Express St. Simon's Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$150
Best Western Plus St. Simons(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$127
$118
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$189
Home2.com
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
$232
$183
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$159
Orbitz.com
The Inn at Sea Island(Saint Simons Island)
$197
Travelocity
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
$179
$170
Hotwire.com
Villas by the Sea Resort & Conference Center(Jekyll Island)(Great Value!)
$125
Orbitz.com
Ocean Inn and Suites(Saint Simons Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,333 results
All reviewsocean fronthistoric buildingcabana roomindoor poolnorth villasthe royal treatmentgolf resortoverlooking the beachthe atlantic oceanshrimp and gritshigh tidesouthern hospitalityfamily vacationget awaygolden islessimon's islandsaint simons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Accomodations:
The drainage in both bathrooms was a problem. Both of the sinks, the showers, and the commodes drained really, really sloooowly. For instance, taking a shower meant standing in about 3" of water, due to the slow drainage. Also, the ceilings in the bathrooms and hallways are very low -- about door height. I'm 5'7", and I could easily reach up and touch them. The ceilings were normal in the bedrooms and the living room, at about 8' in height. The hotel air ducts needed cleaning, because the air vents had blown black residue onto the ceilings in all the rooms, to a distance of about 1'-2'.
Security:
THIS IS A MAJOR CONCERN. Please be aware that there is public access to the beach through the middle of the resort grounds. There is a gate on the resort side, and a guest is supposed to have to insert their room card to get through. This supposedy is intended to keep guests safe, by keeping people who aren't staying at the resort out. Unfortunately, the lock on the gate was BROKEN. This allows anyone to enter the grounds, and loiter around the hallways directly outside of the guest rooms. That's what happened to me. I was on my way to the beach, when I passed by a man hanging around the hallway. I really didn't think anything of it, and went on down to the beach. After some time, I felt like I was being watched. I turned around and saw the same man. He had followed me down the beach. Several more times I moved away and he followed. At last, I looked at him a third time, and he quickly turned around and pretended to be interested in some rocks, then walked back toward the resort. I wanted to go back to my rooms, but I was alone and though the passageway was close, I noticed that there were overgrown plants more than tall enough to hide a grown man lining both sides of the walk. I called the front desk, told them what had happened, and asked them to send a Security guard to walk me back to my room. They were very understanding, but when the Security guard arrived, he acted like he hadn't the slightest idea why he'd been called. He did walk me back to the elevator, and casually pointed out to me that the lock on the resort-side gate lock was broken. Since they were aware, WHY HAD THE RESORT NOT DONE ANYTHING ABOUT IT??? I made it okay, but I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Onlineshopper
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We were excited for our stay here after reading the wonderful reviews. Overall, the hotel is nice, room was fine, but I don't think this hotel really should be called a resort. The property has undergone a costly renovation, but the amenities are just not there to justify the cost of our ocean view room. ($275) The pool area was nothing special, there is a single tennis court in the parking lot and the beach offered no amenities. There were no towels down there, no beverage service...we paid for our 2 chairs and umbrellas and within 45 minutes they were cleared away when there was the slightest sprinkle. When we complained, we were told that the beach had to be cleared at that time. (5 pm I think) That would of been fine, but after a rainy day, many guests were trying to enjoy the beach once it cleared later in the day. After speaking with other guests at the pool who gave less than stellar reviews of the restaurant, we chose to forego a dinner there and eat in town.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank SFLMom
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Stayed at King and Prince for a three day conference and a short vacation. When reservations were originally (3months in advance) made ocean front rooms were not available - was told that they would keep me updated and would upgrade me. 1 month prior to arrival they called and told me that they had a cancellation but it was not an ocean front but partial, I took it and they assured me if something else became available they would call, 2 weeks prior they called and said they had an ocean front available... they also confirmed our request for crib and high chair. 2 days prior to arrival they called again and confirmed our room and baby requests (first trip with our 11 month old) and said they had received our package of baby stuff and would place it on our room (wife sent all diapers etc. UPS to the concierge).

Upon arrival there was nothing unexpected, room was beautiful... plenty for family to do while I was at my conference. Staff and service were awesome... had to eat in room two nights bc of baby... room service was awesome and service in less then 20 min.

If you read my reviews I am not easily impressed bc I travel all the time and find most places even high end are about all the same and mostly mediocre in service.

Not the case here. Will stay here for next years conference and will def. return for vacation.

Superb job!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BigJHD
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Went to the K&P for a conference recently (my wife started a new job so she couldn't join me). The facilities were terrific, the food was very good, the beach access was great, and I loved the room. The entire place is kid friendly. I'm going back to the same conference next ear, and I plan to xtend my stay and bring the family with me for a great vacation.

Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank Atlanta_gaTripper
Reviewed June 16, 2008

With The Cloister charging $750 a night these days, the King and Prince looks that much better. Before arriving, I was told the hotel was a bit of a dump, badly in need of an update. After staying two nights here, I can say that, for the most part, the resort is certainly not a dump and does most things well.

Our large, clean room seemed newly renovated, with updated furnishings and clean tiling in the double sink bathroom. The room overall was a strong suit of the resort. The lobby area looks like it dates from the 1970s and needs to be renovated desperately. The pool area had a sufficient number of sun beds (the sun beds are old-style with plastic slats as opposed to cushioned loungers). There are two pools, neither of which is memorable in design but which serve their purpose well. Poolside service was prompt, courteous and reasonably priced.

The beach is a standard southern Atlantic, which means hard packed sand, warm, murky waters and no waves. Whether you are paying $750 at the Cloister or $250 at the King and Prince, you are on the same type of beach.

Being conveniently located near the St. Simons pier means it is just a quick drive to bars and restaurants.

This resort is a nice place for a long weekend.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple