“Where the heart of SSI resides!”
Review of Ocean Lodge

Ocean Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lookout Mountain, GA
“Where the heart of SSI resides!”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I recently had one of the best trips to St Simons Island and it was all due to the #1 southern hospitality of the Ocean Lodge. From the room to the restuarant to the hometown feel, I truely was treated like family at the Ocean Lodge. Thank You! Cant wait to visit again soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
northern Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2010

My wife and I were married there in May 2009. What an incredible experience...the room was decadent, the food sensational, and even though the weather was a freaky, week-long rainstorm event, the staff helped us find fun things to do and see in the gloomy weather. This stay was worth every penny we paid,,,and gave us a wedding that we loved.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
atlanta GA
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I am just now getting around to letting trip advisor know that the ocean lodge on St Simons island is indeed a hidden gem. My fiancee and I will be getting married there on labor day weekend and our guest will have the run of the entire place, but please dont let that stop you from checking it out. The food is magnificent, the service is exceptional and the accomadations are indescribable. I am an educated man but the words that give justice to my experience escape me right now. Upon arrival, William, one of the friendliest front desk agents on earth, greeted us and took our bags upstairs to the room. Everything was so comfortable that once settled, I watched the news on one of the two large flat screen televisions, and fell asleep fully clothed on the oversized bed in the master suite. After a nap, we hit the town and decided to come back for creme brule, prepared by chef Mike - just because we mentioned we liked it - Next, Joe, the owner of the place came an chatted it up with us like we were old friends and made us feel right at home. Planning an event can be very stressful, but Tina Harris, the on site events coordinator puts you so much at ease that you almost forget what you were so stressed about. In short, everything about this place was great, the locale, the people, the food, the service, the food, and did I mention the food. There is a restaurant on the upper level of ocean lodge and if you get the chance you should definitely pay a visit, if you arent hungry, you will still enjoy the panoramic ocean views and the friendly atmosphere. I gotta run, but my obvious recommendation, is GET TO THE OCEAN LODGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. There wonderful customer service and attention to detail will be a treat the you wont soon forget! Eric and Argenail

• Stayed February 2010
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Our stay at the Ocean Lodge was really enjoyable. It combined the intimacy of a B & B with the polish you expect from an upscale establishment. Although it has been around for a few years, the facility is spotless - we felt like we were the first to use our rooms. The staff were both warm and attentive. The food never disappointed. We especially enjoyed the breakfasts - they are well worth getting up for. Few places offer visitors such contrast as St. Simon's does, with activities to keep busy and be entertained as well as plenty of opportunities for privacy and quiet. If you are visiting the Island, stay here.

1 Thank CaptDanAustin
Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Our experience is that Ocean Lodge is ran like a B&B/ Inn, front desk person wears all the hat's. Not a 4 or 5 start boutique hotel for sure! Lacking greatly in professional staff, no valet, no "butler" service, no room service. Our greatest disappointment the Sweetheart dinner, Chef Michael may have originally prepared, but we feel it was a re-heated meal by our waiter/bartender. The setting not as pictured on internet, but instead a bar setting with glass top tables, no ambience, staff dressed in polo shirts. My husband's comment ~we were "hood winked." Paid 290.00 for cold re-heated food, a rose and a glass of 7.00 a bottle sparkling wine. We could have stayed at the finest -Sea Island Cloister for the same monies, to bad we didn't know of The Cloister first.

5 Thank ListeningArt
atlanta
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I felt transported to the Mediterranean when my fiance and I entered the hotel. There is a careful attention to beautiful details in every corner, and it's obvious the goal is to welcome and pamper each guest. The staff was kind and helpful, the breakfast was delicious, and the view was peaceful. I can honestly say this was one of the nicest hotels I've ever been to!

St Simons
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My husband and I decided to get away for a night to relax and the Ocean Lodge is just the place to go. The decor of the hotel is just amazing, you'll not see anything else like it on the Island. The staff were very friendly and professional, the food and drinks were fantastic. It was the perfect place to go to get away. I highly recommend it.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#6 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#3 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!