“Oh, WOW!”

Palmer's Village Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 2010 our team has strived to serve the highest quality prepared food & provide great guest service.....we serve breakfast and lunch everyday. Did we mention you can get breakfast all day until 2PM? We now offer dinner Thursday - Saturday in which chef prepares weekly dinner specials that he and his crew develop based on the freshest ingredients and seasonal specials.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I had the best dinner at Palmer's tonight.

The special salad was roasted beets and shallots with creme fraiche and toasted nuts. It was perfectly dressed with a light sherry dressing - and I don't even like sherry!

I also had shrimp and grits with succulent shrimp, bacon, cook chopped tomatoes, pickled okra (really kicked up the taste!) etc. over cheesy - really cheesy grits! Mmmmmmmm.

I usually eat breakfast at Palmer's once a week after walking the beach. What a treat! I hardly know what to choose.

The staff is quite friendly. It is like Cheers "where everyone knows your name" and what you drink. They get you off to a fast start. So nice to sit down and have a nice warm or cold beverage delivered within seconds.

I can't wait to go back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family made the mistake of going to 4th of May on New Years Day, horrible experience to say the least. I caught up with them as they were wandering the Village and directed us all into Palmers. This quaint and cozy little spot is perfect for breakfast or lunch,no questions asked. It's consistent in all that you want and need from a dining experience, and I highly recommend them overall, food, service, prices.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Palmer's is known for breakfast, but do yourself a favor and go for lunch and dinner too! The service is great and the food even better. Chef John ensures that the food is cooked to your preference and the restaurants' namesake owner, Palmer continually walks around checking on the tables. Renee was our server and was very knowledgable and friendly. I ordered Swordfish and was some of the best I've had on Saint Simons.

Palmers also has the best breakfast on the island. Go get a stack of pancakes and cheese grits. It's so good that you will most likely be back the following day and possibly the day after that.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Palmers is known for its incredible breakfast and lunch menu and offerings. The cheese grits alone are worth the trip. I had dinner there and it was amazing. I enjoyed the best steak I have had on St. Simons in a long while. The New York strip was cooked perfectly and complimented with the most amazing oven roasted potatoes. The PVC salad was a perfect start as well. The flavors were simple yet wonderful. Palmers is only open for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Dinner at Palmers is definitely the best kept Island secret.

1  Thank AttJr
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I went to Palmers tonight for dinner. Although we have been many times for breakfast and lunch, this was out first dinner experience there. It was incredible. I highly recommend it. The staff was great (Renee). We started with the shrimp and grits. This was delicious. Then, we had the NY strip steak and the meatloaf. Both of these entrees were outstanding. We finished dinner off with a delicious piece of key lime pie. We highly recommend Palmers. You will be glad you went, not only for breakfast and lunch, but for dinner as well.

1  Thank Joe C