“Breakfast!”

Palmer's Village Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 2010 our team has strived to serve the highest quality prepared food & provide great guest service.....we serve breakfast and lunch everyday. Did we mention you can get breakfast all day until 2PM? We now offer dinner Thursday - Saturday in which chef prepares weekly dinner specials that he and his crew develop based on the freshest ingredients and seasonal specials.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is an island tradition for breakfast, get there early too. The locals eat here so that says alot for this place. The food is wonderful and it is recommeneded by all who live here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went for a sunday brunch. I was generally impressed. Kind of an odd layout but that adds character to the restaurant.

I got a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit which was awesome. The scrambled eggs alone were not all that great. They also had a GREAT gravy and biscuit that was very heavy on the sausage.

I definitely will be returning.

1  Thank Dustan A
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Such a great place to eat in SSI! Their breakfast is out of this world and huge portions! Plus they usually have an unusual special or two that you wouldn't expect to find in this little café. If you aren't stuffed from breakfast, stop in for lunch. The crab cake is to die for, plus they offer a couple of things you don't normally see from a regular café. And if you're lucky enough to dine with them, prepare to be surprised! Salads are spectacular and the entrees are a culinary dream. Palmer and his staff are all delightful and so accommodating. Palmer's is definitely a 5-star place!!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Palmer's, as its name implies, is located in the village and is a worthy starting point for a day in the village/pier/lighthouse area...my wife and I skipped the continental breakfast at our hotel and ate here our last morning on St. Simon's...wise choice...

The menu offers an array of choices from straightforward (I had a ham and chesse omelet) to the unique (the special was a pulled pork and qauil omelet)...all dishes are fresh, hot, and flavorful...breakfast for two was around twenty bucks and an excellent value...the cafe has a beach/island feel without resorting to margarita signs and painted parrots...heartfuly recommended..

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Yes, this place had a great breakfast, but it also had the best shrimp and grits I've ever eaten and I'm a pretty tough critic. My only complaint was that they were closed on Mondays , so I couldn't get in a second meal there. Service was great -- my ice tea was never empty and to go cups were offered and appreciated.