“Palmer's Open at Night”

Palmer's Village Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since 2010 our team has strived to serve the highest quality prepared food & provide great guest service.....we serve breakfast and lunch everyday. Did we mention you can get breakfast all day until 2PM? We now offer dinner Thursday - Saturday in which chef prepares weekly dinner specials that he and his crew develop based on the freshest ingredients and seasonal specials.
brunswick
“Palmer's Open at Night”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

If you want a really good burger with the finest meat and fixings, Palmer has just begun his night service (5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m) Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evening. The burger is made with really lean yet moist 100% beef which is served very beautifully in an old time basket like you used to get at the local drive-in. It is served with either chips or something incredibly delicious called potato croquees. These succulent potatoes are served with a light breading and they are baked instead of fried. There is only the taste of potatoes and cheese, not deep frying 1oil. The hamburger bun is challa bread brushed with honey. The bun is worth eating by itself. Palmer will soon have hand dipped ice cream shakes and malts to go with these delicious burgers. As always, Palmer is the perfect host and really cares about his customers. My wife and I were the first to try this new concept and we were very pleased. This is one gem which is not to be missed whether it is for breakfast, lunch, and now, a burger and shake dinner. Simply fantastic and incredibly affordable. For your convenience, all food can be carried out if that suits you better, but it would be a shame to miss the charm of this cafe. See you there.

Ron B.

White Oak
“Always Excellent”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Have been for breakfast and lunch many times. I have yet to have an experience that was anything less than great. The staff is always friendly and the food is superb. Everything I have tried for breakfast has been great but the "Hooch" is definitely my favorite. I also love the homemade sausage gravy. Lunch is also fantastic. The reuben is always good and you must try Chef John's version of the Philly Cheesesteak. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food at a great price.

• Visited April 2012
“As Good As Others Say It Is”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Went there for breakfast. The creativity of the menu was really something. The blueberry pancakes were the best I ever had: flavorful, light, fluffy and tender. Variety of omelettes was certainly different. Staff was friendly and the service was great. Will definetly go back if in St. Simons again.

Visited April 2012
Newnan, Georgia, United States
“I'm trying to figure out how to move to St Simons so I can eat at Palmer's all the time...”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I ate there 7 times in 5 days. We had almost everything on the menu. Seriously, we ordered at least 75%. It was all scrumptious. The service is perfect - seemed like every time I took two sips of my coffee they were topping it off and keeping it piping hot. Heaven. When I go back (not if) I'm getting the banana pudding pancakes... they were next on my list to try.

Newnan, Georgia, United States
“5 days and 7 meals...”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

<spacer.gif>
There is only one place to eat in St. Simons if you like the following:
amazing dishes born out of southern traditions
ridiculously great breakfast
awesome service
great ambiance

You have to go to Palmer's Village Cafe. My wife and I ate breakfast there the last day of our vacation in October and i have been dreaming of the pancakes and my return ever since. I was back in St. Simons last week and vowed to eat there as much as i could for every meal that i could. i wound up eating there 7 times in 5 days. I worked my way through all the breakfast dishes (even getting French toast with mascarpone for dessert one day), but their salads, sandwiches, and soup were all spectacular too. The service is fast, your coffee NEVER gets cold or falls below half full, and the food is simply perfect.

I knew I had found my home when Charles, at the desk, remembered me from the day before and introduced himself... followed by JB, the executuve chef, waving at me from the kitchen and coming to introduce himself to us the following day. Not to be left out, the day after that, Palmer himself came to the table to thank us for our loyalty. The servers were great as well, Rob, Bridgette and the other gal who's name I cannot remember... and she was the one who learned our names and never forgot them the whole time! Sorry!!!

If I lived there, I'd eat there every day. If they were open for dinner, i would be there every night too. This place has it all. I told them that they need to be careful - next time they see me I may sneak in wearing a Palmers shirt and start topping off coffee for other patrons.