“Quaint! ...Pretty Decent Food!”
Review of Yesterday Cafe

Yesterday Cafe
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Rutledge
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We did an eastbound day trip from Atlanta. Conyers, Covington (to see filming locations) and finally Rutledge. This is a teeeny, tiny little town. However, when we arrived at around 5pm, some locals were setting up instruments on stage to do a concert. Although I'd eaten already, I saw this cafe and wanted to try it out.

It is in the middle of the town square area, just across from a small park where the performance was about to start.

Appearance:
- A quaint storefront that was cleaned and non cluttered on the outside. Walked in and there were big windows to let the sun in. Maybe about 7 customers at the time.

People:
-There were two waitresses near the kitchen. The cashier greeted me and prodded with a head motion one of the waitresses to come over and greet me.
I asked about the menu, particularly the 'shrimp and grits', something I had heard about, but seemed appropriate to try in the small town country setting.

Food:
I had black bean soup with it and mashed potatoes. Yes, a strange combination. The black bean soup was very good, maybe a little salty. I didn't taste the potatoes for my sister came in and I gave them to her.

My sister has become a 'shrimp and grits' nut, so I let her taste mine and she said it was the best she had so far. I must admit, I too thought it was pretty good for my first time trying it.

My sister asked about the buttermilk pie, because as children we both hated buttermilk. But she tried it and like it.

Between the meal and the dessert, it was about $17. I like the small town ambience of the place. If I'm ever in that direction on a sunday morning, maybe, I'll stop in for breakfast. The concert across the street was good.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for a snack on the way to Camp Twin Lakes.
Whoever heard of buttermilk pie? Since it was the house specialty, I decided to try it. Delicious!
My son had chocolate walnut pie which was just as good as the buttermilk pie. Hope to stop here again and try more items on the menu.
Very good, friendly service.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had to drop our daughter off at nearby Camp Kudzu and had some time to kill. Found this great place and the food was delicious!! Yummy mashed potatoes and green beans. ( :
A must see for anyone in the area!!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I tried Yesterday Cafe for the first time today and sadly it will probably be my last. The resturant is located in down town Rutledge in an old historic building. We were waited on very shortly when we arrived and placed an order for a Turkey avacado wrap. We also ordered a take out order for a co worker. That is where things came to a snails pace. After ordering we waited 1/2 hour until our food arrived. The wrap was very tasty and we figured the slow service was behind us until we got up to pay and get our take out order. We were told it would be a couple more minutes. After 15 more minutes we left without the take out order. If you do not have a couple of hours to spend for lunch you might want to try somewhere else to eat even though the food was good.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Turkey Reuben and Buffalo chicken wrap were both very good. Great food and friendly service. I would recommend it.