“Nice place tostay in the Atlanta suburbs”

Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Recently spent two night sat this Doubletree while celebrating a friends wedding. The hotel itself is pretty standard Doubletree, quite nice and comfortable. check in staff was friendly and helpful and the cookies were delicious King room was well appointed with a large TV, coffee maker and free Wi-Fi.
Plenty of space in the room but the bathroom while clean and well stocked with Crabtree & Evelyn products was very small.
Breakfast buffet was good, plenty of choices but no grits(a breech of southern hospitality)
We retired to the bar after the rehearsal dinner and after the reception the following night. Very crowded with guests from two wedding showing up at the same time.
The overworked bartender was very friendly but could have used some help.
If you need to be in the Atlanta suburbs this hotel is very nioce and a good value for the price

Room Tip: upper floor, away from the elevators and vending machines
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a night at this Doubletree while celebrating a relative's wedding. The hotel itself is not overly ornate or expensively appointed. However, it is very attractive and very clean. Our room was quite nice and comfortable. The breakfast was tasty and significantly better than many hotel buffets I've had in the past. The breakfast staff really went overboard satisfying our requests, and the front desk staff was always very friendly and accommodating. All-in-all, this was a very good choice!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Addaliap, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had at our property. We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and we hope you will return soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree Roswell for three nights this past weekend. Our room was a king suite with a pullout sofa, which was plenty big enough for the two of us. The bathroom was stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn products and the water pressure in the shower was perfect. I did not hear a peep at night, so we got great sleep. Our room included the breakfast buffet, which I highly recommend not missing! Some of the offerings were fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, bacon, sausage, french toast, eggs, grits, pastries, and home fries. Service was gracious both in the restaurant and at the front desk. We used the complimentary cookie shuttle several times - the drivers had great local recommendations and were quick to pick up and drop off. Our stay was better than we expected, which is always a good thing!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice in the last few months for work trips. No complaints about the rooms/pool/gym all of which were good and the price is good value. it would get a 4 were it not for the Restaurant which is bad - we waited 30 mins to be served , 30 mins for drinks an then another 40 for poor quality food. And there was none of typical US hospitality you usually get from waiting staff.
Will be back, but will eat out

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you for taking the time and rating our Hotel. We are glad your overall experience was a positive one but disappointed we did not meet the expectations in our outlets. We strive to excell in all areas and will use your comments to improve our services moving forward. Please feel free to contact me and would love another chance to show you our F&B services if you do return.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've had several great stays at this property. Each time, I stayed for only one night, arriving late and leaving early. I found the rooms to be very comfortable and clean each time.

On my last stay, I had the occasion to use the free breakfast voucher I receive through my company rate and was impressed by the quality of the continental breakfast bar items, especially the bread and yogurt choices. The wait staff in the restaurant was also very helpful and friendly.

All in all, I've had several great stays here. Be careful pulling out of the parking lot, as the hotel sits on a hill and around the corner, and as is typical with Atlanta drivers, people come barreling over the hill and I've had a few near misses.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Had never stayed in a Doubletree hotel before and this presented a convenient time to stay. What a lovely hotel. The room was terrific, the beds were soft and comfy. As were the pillows. They gave us warm cookies upon our arrival. I like chocolate chip but am not a fan of walnuts. Oh well, no big deal.

The price was fantastic! I really would've thought we would've had to pay more. It was less than $100 for the night we stayed.

I would recommend Doubletree to anyone and would stay at another one in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Loved the hotel! Service was excellent from check in to check out. Loved the view from our room, as well. it looked over the hills, but gave us a chance to check traffic, too! The in-room dining was good food and the server we had was excellent! I am going to ask to come to this hotel whenever we need to be Atanta!

Room Tip: I loved the view from the front side of the hotel. You can look out over the hills and see if the t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Alpharetta/North Point Mall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!