“solid Hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was there for a week end event in Atlana and found it to be a good hotel: clean, friendly staff and great location. The one thing that i was dissapointed about was the quality of the food. I ordered room service and it was very bland, tasteless food (had a hamburger)... certainly not worth the $30 it cost.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Addaliap, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry the food quality didn't meet your expectations. At our property, we want to serve fresh, tasty dishes with the caring touches of the South. We work continually to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us improve. We hope you’ll stay with us the next time you’re in the area and let us know how we’re doing.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was there for a week end conference in the Atlanta area. The location of the Hotel is great and it's easy to find. The room and hotel in general are clean, staff is friendly. The only downside I found is that the food is not all that good. But overall a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have made this my home away from home on many occassions when working in the Roswell / Alpharetta area. On one or two occassions I was not happy with the cleanliness of my room, but on all other stays (easily 20+) the rooms are nice and well appointed. It helps that they almost always recognize my DIAMOND VIP status with Hilton Honors and give me one of their larger corner rooms - basically a junior suite with a separate sitting area, extra large room, many big windows, etc.

The lobby bar is convenient and a decent choice when you don't feel like going out for dinner. The food is okay, the service is pretty good, but the prices (as to be expected) are terrible.

The front desk staff is usually extremely nice and welcoming, they always thank me for returning and being a Diamond VIP with Hilton. And I ALWAYS get offered a famous Doubletree cookie!

Just a couple things: This property used to have extensive "clean kits" in their rooms - anti bacterial hand wipes, hypoallergenic tissues, etc. - but they have been absent the last several months. I suggest bringing those back as they were a wonderful touch.

The other thing is (and this seems to be Hilton-wide) I used to get a paper at my door each morning as a Diamond VIP. The last several months have been hit or miss with this at all properties. I have literally never had a paper delivered to my door at this property. They are readily available in the lobby, but being able to read through the paper with a cup of in-room coffee is nice. By the time I am in the lobby and heading to face my day, I won't get to the paper until my flight home - and by then the news is stale. Please bring back this service.

Room Tip: Ask for the larger corner rooms as an upgrade if available. They feature larger rooms, a sitting ar...
2  Thank dougandkath
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at the Doubletree. The staff nice and the hotel is well maintained for an older hotel. I was happy with the updated room and pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. A quick trip down the stairwell reveled a level of cleanliness behind the scenes. The fitness facility is adequate. The breakfast buffet is quite nice and the bar / restaurant was enjoyable in the evenings. Overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the primary road are best. The lifts are older and better to not have a room near th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Addaliap, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience!! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recommend this Hotel, it is always a nice and pleasant experience. Excellent location, close to the headquarter of the company that I work for. North Point Mall is not far also. Quiet neighborhood, large and accessible space to park.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We hope you will be back and visit us soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Staff was courteous, room was clean, but as a doubletree, you expect a nicer hotel. This property is showing its age. It could use a face lift. And no complimentary coffee in front lobby! Really? It's a doubletree! I Don't think that is too much to ask.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Carpet in rooms was dirty. Paint coming off walls in corner. Curtains were off the rod on the far end and couldn't reach to hook them up. No HD channels on the TV. Maintenance came up and after "jimmying" the cable, had HD channels. Was given 2 breakfast coupons as booked bed and breakfast. Problem was, these coupons were for continental breakfast and not buffet. When this was addressed with the front desk staff, was basically told I was out of luck. As I am assertive, demanded to speak to the manager after front desk person insisted I would not be getting breakfast buffet. The manager kindly obliged. Asked for clean towels to be delivered to my room As we were provided with 3 for myself, my wife and 2 children and the room was booked for 4. Honest error, but after 30 minutes and no towels, went to find housekeeping. Found a nice Hispanic housekeeper. Problem was , she spoke NO English. Luckily I'm studying Rosetta Stone ...."Necesito dos toallas mas, por favor"... She kindly obliged. Not a HHonors Gold or Diamond, but Silver. Stay at a bunch of hotels. Probably won't be staying here again"

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta
Wingate by Wyndham Alpharetta
#12 of 26 in Alpharetta
Holiday Inn Express Alpharetta-Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!