“Awesome Cakes”
Review of Cakes By Darcy

Cakes By Darcy
Ranked #4 of 9 Bakeries in Roswell
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have ordered several cakes for my company from Cakes By Darcy. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences. Customer service is always great and the cakes are even better.

1  Thank KayG180

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This bakery is not very good. My sister, mother and I went while shopping one afternoon and tried their cupcakes. We were completely surprised at how bad they tasted! Extremely dry!! We could only suspect that they were sitting around and became stale. They really need to reevaluate their inventory and throw out old items. They lost three good customers as well as any positive referrals.

2  Thank Travelingmama14
Reviewed December 11, 2011

When you want a cake that is incredibly good and can pass as something you've made yourself, Darcy's is the place to go. It is swamped at the holidays, so be sure to order your cake in advance (though there are always things available in the case). They do a lot of "fancy" cakes for special events, but I always go back to their "homemade" styles like Red Velvet, Carrot Cake, etc.

1  Thank Timandfrank
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Wedding time is stressful enough for families, so I sure wasn't expecting the Groom's Cake to be the most anxiety-filled event of the weekend for myself and my family! But, unfortunately this cake nearly put me over the edge! I placed a very special order almost two months in advance. And, the customer service left a lot to be desired! Right up front, I nearly passed out when the young man told me the price would be $675.!! I really should've left then, but my son's fiance was in love with this cake! I wanted her to have what she wanted, and I was hoping the folks at Cakes By Darcy felt the same way! I picked up the cake on October 20, 2011, the morning of the rehearsal dinner, where the cake would be served. Within the hour of driving away, I was in BIG TROUBLE!! I pulled into the parking lot of the mall to pick up my husband's tux...and I heard something ROLLING in the box with the CAKE!! I looked back...and the GROOM'S FIGURE'S ARM HAD FALLEN OFF AND ROLLING AROUND IN THE BOX!! I just couldn't believe it!! Before we got to where the wedding was to be held, both arms and legs had separated from the body! I had to make a special stop to buy a box of toothpicks, hoping that I could reattach the limbs once I got to The Foundry Park Inn in Athens, where the wedding was to be held! Once we got to The Foundry, several of us tried to fix things, but the figures were so dried out and brittle, things started crumbling, and I just knew we couldn't fix this cake ourselves! That's when I had to bring the cake to the kitchen at The Foundry and ask for help from the professionals! The young chef in the backround of the photos saved me from total disaster! He said the gum paste used to make the figures was too dried out, that's why the groom's figure was falling apart!!! I asked when he thought the cake had been made. He said, "Days ago!" That night, when the cake was served, we were all very disappointed with how it tasted. The fondant was so thick, gummy, and chewy, nobody could eat it! Honestly, I don't even remember what the inside of the cake tasted like, because that fondant completely ruined any memory of it! Please, do not order anything special from this cake shop!! I feel completely taken advantage of!! Do not let this happen to you! It was a terrible experience at a time when the least of our problems should have been a groom's cake! I wish I had let the chefs at The Foundry make the groom's cake, too! Who knew?? p.s. I can't say enough wonderful things about The Foundry Park Inn and Spa in Athens for a destination wedding! AMAZING experience from the minute you check in, to when you pack your bags to leave! All bride's-to-be...it's truly the place to go for your wedding!

14  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I've ordered several cakes and cookies from Darcy and have always been delighted. Highly recommend.

1  Thank MoRho

Been to Cakes By Darcy? Share your experiences!