“Eaten here for over a decade!”

Tanaka Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 352 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent quality and variety. To me and my husband, they singularly have the best miso soup and ginger salad dressing! Best california rolls too. Love the dipping sauce for the tempura. Quiet atmosphere...actually decent for a date. Good for families too. Two suggestions: 1) feel they should use normal sized wine glasses (I never order wine because the prices are not reflective of the small pour you are given) and 2) apparently they aren't serving chicken breast at dinner for the chicken teriyaki which we would prefer.

1  Thank redatl

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I read a few of the reviews of the Sushi restaurants around the Alpharetta/Roswell area. This one looked like the best and it lived up to its rating.

My wife and I ordered a few different rolls and every one of them was phenomenal. The prices were reasonable as well. Service was great. I just cannot say enough good things about our experience. We have found our new favorite sushi restaurant.

Just because it is small and at the back of a retail strip, do not let the “hole in the wall” appearance fool you.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Tanaka is truly a hidden gem. It is tucked into the corner of a half-deserted shopping center where you would never see the restaurant unless you were actually looking for it.

The restaurant is clean and somewhat fancy on the inside. There is a limited number of tables and a small sushi bar where you can watch sushi being made.

There was one waitress for the entire restaurant. She was friendly and served all items with a genuine smile. There was a first-time sushi eater at the next table and she patiently explained the difference between sushi and sashimi and what the more popular sushi items were.

My brother and I went to Tanaka for lunch and most items ranged between $8.95 and $12.95, which is fair for sushi, sashimi and/or a Japanese lunch box.

I ordered a Japanese lunch box for $8.95 that was half shirmp tempura and vegetables and half a California roll. Included in the price was salad, miso soup and a bowl of rice. The tempura was so fresh that I had to wait a few minutes for it to cool down.

My brother ordered the Japanese lunch box for $8.95 that was half shrimp tempura and vegetables and several pieces of sashimi. He enjoyed his lunch box as much as I did mine.

Even though Tanaka is not close to me, I do believe that it is worth the drive. I was told that they have a more expansive menu for dinner, and although I know that dinner is more expensive, I will most likely go anyway.

I would recommend Tanaka to anyone that likes/loves sushi and sashimi.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hubby and I found this out-of-the-way place years ago. Since then we have come here infrequently, but one day we ordered their lunch special for $9.95, and we've been returning once a week ever since for the special of the day. Whatever it is, it is delicious and very satisfying. It's just a little more food than needed, but somehow we always manage to finish everything and feel full and happy afterwards. The sushi is always top notch, and the service is friendly and excellent. The restaurant is small and they already have a big following Perhaps more praise is not needed.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a nice small Sushi place that offers a good selection. The sashimi selection is robust and the maki rolls offer some unique choices. The pricing is fair as two people can eat for $60-80 with drinks. I look forward to going back again when I visit that area.