“Nice little rib shack”

Spiced Right Rib House
Ranked #44 of 333 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Nice little rib shack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Showed up around 7:30 on a Friday and the place was jumping with a lovely crowd and live music. It's a typical barbecue way to order, you go to the register and order your ribs, etc. and then take a seat.
We had a full rack, and it was smoked well and very flavorful. The fries were salty and the coleslaw had a little bite to it.
The service was laid back but friendly and a sign says they will trade food for old hubcaps. I don't think this is a joke as the place is decked out in old hubcaps.
Overall I'd recommend this for a casual BBQ eater, if you're a little pickier I'm sure you'll find something not to your tastes.

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great as Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I grew up in Sandy Springs and worked in Roswell when I was in high school. After work, I would often go with coworkers to Spiced Right for the environment, the great food and the wonderful music.

I stepped back in on a recent trip down to visit my folks and was so happy to see that it was as great as I remembered. The ribs are best, but the pulled pork and brisket are also tremendously tasty. The sides are solid, especially the hash brown style potato dish, the okra, the baked beans, the cole slaw, etc everything.

Awesome food, great atmosphere. Y'all rock.

Glad its still around- my favorite spot to chow down in Roswell.

Woodstock, Georgia
“House Made "Angel" Biscuits are off the hook!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Roswell, GA is my hometown and I try to get back there as often as possible. I have seen Spiced Right over the years, but never stopped there until this past trip when I saw the "Breakfast Served" sign out by the road. It was around 10am and me & my 7 yr old son were starving so we stopped in.

SO GLAD WE DID! I ordered a Fried Chicken Biscuit and my son ordered a cinnamon roll. My chicken was tender & juicy but not greasy and was on a biscuit that was so light and fluffy...MELTED in my mouth! My son's cinnamon roll was also house-made (NOT from a can or frozen!) - OMG! I took a bite (with out his permission, hehehe) and it was scrumptious! The glaze on top was also freshly made and just enhanced the cinnamon flavor without making it too sweet. Well done!

The chef/pit master came out to our table to ask how are meal was. I informed him that I was a huge fan of BBQ, yet had never tried theirs, but would love to come back for lunch or dinner. He told me that he had just pulled a Brisket off the pit was would I like a sample? YES!! He brought me a slice of what would prove to be juicy, smoky, tender & delicious beef brisket! I ask him about the 2 different sauces on the table (one said "Smooth" on the lid, the other was "Hot") I tried both and I preferred the "Hot" - it was very flavorful with a bit of kick on the back end - but NOT overly hot....the "Smooth" one was a little sweeter & a little smoky and had no heat. It was a good sauce, but my preference was the hotter one. I will have to admit, if I had a full BBQ meal, I don't know if I could eat all "Hot" - but I'd be willing to try.

Overall - the "Order Here" counter was clean & efficient. The lady taking orders was friendly and professional. Our breakfast did not take long to arrive & the chef was very nice in offering the sample and checking on us. The price was right - as I noticed the menu board for sandwiches/racks of ribs, etc...seemed normal pricing for the area & type of place. It's a BBQ Joint with wood walls & floors - serve yourself drinks and smiling faces to ask if all is well.

I can not wait to return to Roswell and go there for dinner!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Yet more GREAT BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is the 3rd of my favorite BBQ places in the Atlanta area. Everything I have had here has been excellent. I am especially fond of their turkey and brisket. The corn soufflé side is awesome, I could eat much more than just a side serving.

• Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“High Five the Brunswick Stew”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Not always having a large appetite, I usually go for the Stew in a BBQ joint. I was very pleased with the flavor, unlike any I have had recently in Atlanta. Added bonus of a blues band made for a great evening. We were still able to talk and be heard, which can sometimes be a challenge with a live band in a small location. Excellent service, the rest of the party were complimentary of the ribs and pulled pork. Parking is limited, but the location is easy to find right off the square.

• Visited August 2013