“Really good Mexican Fare”

El Porton Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 339 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seneca, South Carolina
“Really good Mexican Fare”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I haven't varied much from traditional "American-Mexican" cuisine here (tacos, enchiladas, soups, etc.) since I wasn't sure how well they would do with authentic Mexican fare. However, they do the basics so well, I am thinking I need to be more adventurous now. They seem to be pretty generous with their use of chili powder in the sauces, which I love.

Plus, last time I was there was on a Sunday afternoon, and it was almost packed full with mostly Hispanic customers, which is obviously a great sign of the food authenticity! (keep in mind, this isn't exactly Buford Hwy)

Love the place...nothing too unique, but consistently good!

• Visited February 2013

“My Favorite Place!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This restaurant is consistently good! The best chicken soup ever. I moved out of the area and still make the drive when I want Mexican and margaritas. The chile relanos are the best!

Tallahassee, Florida
“Ordinary Mexican with good, friendly service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had 8 in our family party so El Porton seemed to be the best choice for a big table where we could also get a reservation. The service was excellent, friendly and quick. The food was good, filling and varied. It was just not terribly special but maybe this is what most people seek in a Mexican restaurant. I would recommend it for a pleasant Saturday night meal than has little artifice and decent prices.

• Visited November 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Great atmosphere, good service, tasty food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate here on a beautiful Saturday afternoon - we sat in the patio for lunch - lovely atmosphere outside. the patio was nice and rustic. Our server was very cheerful and very attentive. The Mango Margharetia was Very Good and Strong :) - I ordered the Vegetarian Fajitas and my wife ordered a Vegetarian combo of tostada, burritto and quesadilla - the food was very flavourful - the chips and salsa was fresh...my 17 month old son loved the quesadilla and the rice and beans. Very nice experience, will dine here again.

• Visited September 2012
Roswell, Georgia
“Great food and excellent salsa”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We visit this restaurant about 2 or 3 times each month. The shrimp fajitas are always great and some of their combination dinners are a great deal. The service is usually pretty good, but every once in a while a newer server gets our table and doesn't live up to normal standards. The salsa they bring out when you first sit down is excellent. We frequently by a container of the salsa to take home with us after our meal.

• Visited September 2012