“Excellent service.”

Melting Pot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Melting Pot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 334 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Warsaw Road
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

After a poor experience with service on Christmas day at the midtown location, my wife and I decided to travel the extra 30 minutes to the Roswell location. This one is about an hour from where I live but I was hoping we might get better service here. It turned out to be well worth the drive. Both the manager and our server treated us well the entire visit. Service was quick, friendly, and they made sure we didn't have a repeat experience from a couple months ago.

As always the food was excellent as well. We tried their new Bacon & Brie cheese fondue and Crème Brûlée dessert fondue. Both were fantastic. I got a little better value for my meal using a coupon that was received during a Christmas promotion.

In general, a Melting Pot experience shouldn't vary too much except for the service. In this case the service was so improved that I think I'll make the hour long drive from now on. My wife has been to both locations multiple times and said the service at Roswell is consistently better than midtown. A special thanks to manager Dustin and server Brad. You two have earned a very satisfied long term customer.

Atlanta
“Outstanding Experience, Two Times Running”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our 2nd visit to the Roswell location, and we had a fabulous time! Jonathan, our server, was one of the very best we've had, and the food was amazing. We had the four course classic, with the spinach artichoke cheese, and the original chocolate dessert fondue. It was ridiculously good. Cannot say enough good about our experiences there. Highly recommend!

• Visited December 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Mediocre Service and Food”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Went to the Melting Pot in Roswell to celebrate the start of another school year. I was really excited that they were running a promotion for teachers. The promotion was for cheese, petite feast entree, and chocolate for $25 per person. The management and hostess were wonderful but that's about where the compliments stop. The cheese was very liquidy which makes me think they didn't mix enough cheese into the liquid base. The entree came out and was fine however the waiter had to be asked multiple times for extra sauces and drink refills. When it was time for chocolate, we ordered the traditional - milk chocolate with a scoop of chunky peanut butter. While stirring the pot to mix the peanut butter into the chocolate, I found a maraschino cherry in there. I asked the waiter about it and he said they probably just threw that in there in the kitchen. Being concerned about the random cherry I asked for a new chocolate (we hadn't eaten any of the one with the cherry in it) and was brought a pot with half the amount of chocolate as the original pot. At that point we were pretty over this visit so we didn't say anything. However, when the bill arrived we were charged for the teacher promotion meal plus an additional pot of chocolate. When I asked the waiter if the chocolate wasn't included he said it was and that they could take the charge off. He also told me I could go ahead and give him my form of payment and he'd handle that while fixing the bill.

The fact that there was no apology from the waiter regarding the cherry in the chocolate or the overcharge on the bill was very unfortunate. At this time I'm not sure I'll return to this Melting Pot.

• Visited August 2012
“Special occasion dinner”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Treated my children very well even on a weekend dinner! Great experience.

Visited May 2012
Georgia
“An entertaining way to dine!”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I had been wanting to go to The Melting Pot for YEARS. Last night I finally got the chance and was not disappointed one bit! Yes, it was terribly expensive, but I went knowing I'd get some great food & have a fantastic evening with my family.

What our table ordered: the 9 oz. filet, the French Quarter, the Seafood Trio, and the Land & Sea. Salads: Caesar, California, & house. What was in our pots: the court bouillon and the bourguignonne. I had the California salad, consisting of mixed baby greens, Roma tomatoes, candied pecans and rich Gorgonzola cheese with raspberry black walnut vinaigrette. It was delicious. My only complaint was that it had a touch too much dressing. I would've preferred to have the dressing on the side, so I could control the amount. I'll make sure I ask for that next time.

We enjoyed experimenting with cooking our meat in the two different fondue pots. The court bouillon is a vegetable broth hand-seasoned with herbs and spices, and the bourguignonne is a canola oil. They serve two different batters to be used with the bourguignonne, so you batter your meat and then place it in the oil to cook. Every concoction we made was delicious! The court bouillon basically cooked by boiling the meat. We loved the flavor it gave to the vegetables we placed in it...the broccoli especially. There were 5 different sauces/dips served to go with the meat & vegetables. My favorite was the Greek Goddess.

We skipped the cheese fondue at the beginning so we'd have room for the chocolate fondue at the end. We ordered two small platters with white chocolate & milk chocolate fondues. There were five of us, and we had plenty of dippers (rice krispy treats, bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, cheesecake, poundcake, & brownies) to satisfy all of us.

Our total, before tip, for 5 people was $163. We ordered 4 individual entrees, 5 salads, three non-alcoholic beverages, and 1 glass of wine.

Our server did a phenomenal job! I wish I could remember his name to give him a pat on the back. He was very friendly and patient with us newbies. He was attentive...kept our glasses filled & met all of our needs.

Expensive? Yes. Would I go back? Absolutely! I have to because my husband wasn't able to join us, and he's never been. ;-)

• Visited June 2012