“Outstanding oysters”
Review of Hugo's Oyster Bar

Reserve with OpenTable
Hugo's Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 336 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Alpine Dr
Description: Perfectly capturing the flavors and feel of the Coastal American South is Hugo's Oyster Bar in downtown Roswell, GA. Hugo's is the Atlanta area's newest Southern seafood concept from Rich Clark and Chef Jon Schwenk, the minds behind Vinings' beloved C&S Seafood & Oyster Bar. Great seafood with a southern twist.
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Outstanding oysters”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Loved the food & the atmosphere; it's half sports bar with the TVs all on ESPN, half restaurant/bar. Service was good.

Visited November 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very LOUD Restaurant”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

First time at this new seafood restaurant. The food is good but the noise level is unbearable.
The decor is a cross between a sports bar and a oyster bar. They pull off the sports bar but I don't think that's what I was looking for on a Saturday night. The service is very slow! They were very busy but I don't think I will go back again.

• Visited November 2013
Katherine B, Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Neal, my name is Katherine Burch and I am a manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar. Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your dining experience. I would like to apologize for the timeliness of our service that evening. My staff, as well as myself understand that slow service is unacceptable. I would also like to apologize for the restaurant being too noisy Saturday night. I would love to have you and your guests dine with us again. If you would be so kind as to do so, please contact me personally, as I would like to welcome you at the door and oversee your experience that evening. We do have quieter booths, which I would be happy to reserve for you at any time. Again, thank you for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

“Watch for Switch-a-roos”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was our first visit to Hugo's Oyster Bar. It was a Saturday night and the place was very loud. Forget a nice, quiet dinner here! They could probably do something with the accoustics to help a little bit. We ordered the "special" and were really looking forward to it (cobia encrusted with crabmeat). To our surprise the server brought out a cobia dish with a mango chipotle sauce. I do not care for mango and my wife is not a chipotle fan. I was very disappointed they had not come to advise they were out of the "special" and give an opportunity to make another choice. The only thing that saved this dining experience is the server (Jackie). We had bantered with her a bit and developed somewhat of a friendly relationship. So we ate our substitute entree, enjoyed a dessert and left. Second disappointment, they did not offer any remuneration for falling short - a free drink or dessert would have been a nice gesture.

The food we did have was very good. The server was great. We will give this place another chance in the future - hope they don't screw it up again. There are too many GREAT restaurants in Atlanta to get this kind of treatment.

• Visited November 2013
Katherine B, Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I would like to first thank you for your feedback and compliments about our restaurant. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience we caused you during your dining experience with us. I remember you and your guests from Saturday evening, and we are truly sorry that we were not able to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. I can assure you that is not the way things are done at Hugo's. We are fully committed to meeting every customer's expectations, and we would love another opportunity to do this for you. If you would please contact me personally, I would like to send you a gift card for the inconvenience we caused you. Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Jacksonville, Florida
“What A Great Find!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've driven past this place a few times and thought it could be worth a stop and it most certainly was. We had a fantastic lunch and the menu has great New Orleans choices with top notch service. Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Do not miss the Bloody Mary bar! They bring you the glass with salt & vodka, then you do the rest. Perfect.

Nice wine selection and plenty of great beers. A few TVs for sports fans too.

Excellent bread pudding by the way.

Can't wait to go back!

• Visited October 2013
Katherine B, Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your compliments and we are so glad you and your guests decided to stop in and see us. Our bloody mary bar is growing to be very popular and I'm excited to hear that you loved it as much as we do. Any time you would like to visit us again, please contact me personally. I can set up a reservation or take any special requests you may have. We look forward to seeing you again!

Roswell, Georgia
“Hugo's Is a Repeat”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is great and the staff is very attentive. Even in the busiest of times. We have been there three times and each time you can say that. Their specials have been just that....special.

Visited October 2013
Katherine B, Manager at Hugo's Oyster Bar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, and being a faithful guest of ours. We appreciate your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon. If you'd like to make a reservation or have any special requests please contact me personally. Thanks again for your support.