“Mediocre Food and Surly Service”
Review of Rhea's

Rhea's
Ranked #138 of 373 Restaurants in Roswell
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I am in this shopping center weekly and I had never noticed Rhea's before. Since the restaurant we were headed to was closed we decided to try Rhea's based on the great reviews. I love a good hole-in-the-wall but Rhea’s left me very disappointed. First of all I was disappointed about the lack of AC. Its July in Georgia. I really don’t want to sweat while I eat. They had fans running and some sort of portable fan or AC unit but it was really hot inside.

I don’t care if a place place looks run down (my absolute restaurant in Rowell is a hole-in-the-wall with ripped up seats) and I can even get past the sticky chairs and tables and dirty bathrooms but I at least expect good food. My husband had the special burger on French bread. It wasn’t bad but the bread was so greasy that it squished. My daughter friend ordered a hot dog and was cooked so much that it was dry and shriveled and the only condiment options were mustard and ketchup. The fries were crispy but they had an aftertaste that made them inedible for me-my kids did finish theirs with no complaints.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was when I asked for something on the side the server simply said “no”. Um ok. My situation is weird. I have a kid with oral/sensory disorders and he wanted to try a cheeseburger. Yes, he is 15 and has never tried a cheeseburger. I’m proud that he wants to try new things but I also know he is good for one bite. So, I simply wanted a few things on the side because I knew I would end up finishing his burger and I like my burgers with everything. Honestly is it that hard to squirt the mayo and mustard on a plate or put the onions off to the side? Nope. But they refused to do it.

I’m not saying our server was “rude” but he was not friendly or helpful. He didn’t smile. He was difficult to communicate with. He wanted to take our order as soon as we sat down and seemed frustrated that we needed a few minutes (for all 5 of us to look at the 2 menus we were given). He started wiping off our table before we had even gotten up to leave. Honestly this place should be counter service. If you are refilling your own drink and they only have one server they could more easily take your order at the counter.

The main plus for Rhea’s is that the entrées are cheap. The fries aren’t cheap. It cost 2 bucks for about ten fries and 4 dollars for a small tray. The drinks cost as much as any restaurant at 2 dollars for a very small cup. But the burgers are cheap. These are not the Best Burgers in Roswell. I love a good burger. On a scale of 1-10 of all the burgers I’ve ever eaten they are about a 3. My favorite simple (not gourmet) burger comes from a little joint down the road in Roswell. It cost the same as Rheas, is twice as big, and is fantastic. This is definitely not a place you should go out of your way to try.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Rhea's is a dive but the food is fantastic and cheap. Burgers, fries, shakes, cheesesteak + a few other items.
The cheese burger special on Texas toast is great. Thin burger, shredded lettuce, big slice of super ripe tomato, onion, with mustard and ketchup. It only cost $3.49.
Staff is super nice. Be prepared to wait if busy. They only have 1 server.

Reviewed January 25, 2017

It is not fine dining but it is a fine burger and rings and the service is very good also. I recommend the number one.

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I was initially unimpressed with the look of this restaurant. I was very surprised as the service turned out to be great and so did the food. First off the server was fast and friendly. Secondly the food was all good.

Reviewed December 11, 2016

We really enjoy the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and look forward to visiting. My wife had the special burger and it was also really good. The fries were fresh, and they klet you salt them. The soda glasses were kept full and offered to go when leaving and no additional cost. Good spot for a good sandwich, not fancy decor you won't leave hungry.

Been to Rhea's? Share your experiences!