“Good gyros and great steak fries!”

Athens Greek Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 340 Restaurants in Roswell
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I have a weakness for good Greek gyros - and zero tolerance for lousy ones. Athens restaurant ALWAYS makes excellent gyros. It's my go-to place when I'm in Roswell at lunch time. Really good steak fries (the big thick cut ones). They serve all manner of Greek dishes, but all I've tried is the gyro. So good that all the other dishes are irrelevant! (I promise I'll try some of them after the next gyro...

There are newer reviews for Athens Greek Restaurant

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We just can't get past the gyros wraps, platters, salads, and baklava they are so good! Fresh and authentic with fast service. Family owned and friendly. It's always a treat to go.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by Athens restaurant to pick up a gyro salad to share withy husband for dinner. Yes, it's big enough to share. Great homemade Taziki dressing + warm pita.
Always fast, courteous service.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

One of the things I have missed since moving out of Chicago is good Greek food. Well, I've found it. Authentic gyros (pronounced hyeeros) sliced off a vehicle infrared broiler is tender with the nice caramelized outside. Warm, soft pitas served with a variation on Tzatziki sauce.

The pastiche is awesome. It has ardent pasta and just the right savoriness to the meat with a light bechemel sauce baked on top.

And the greek potatoes have the right amount of seasoning on potatoes that are slightly crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.

Will return again, and again, and again!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

it takes an over the top restaurant to get 5 stars from me, but this place was excellent in every respect. 2 Adults and 2 kids everyone was hungry for something different so we opted for Greek. We ordered Musaka, spaghetti, hamburger and a gyro. Everything was very good to excellent (not the best hamburger I have every had, but the Greek fries were killer). While it is not table service - you order and pay at the counter, BUT they server the food at your table and wait on you like a full service restaurant. The portions were plentiful and the price was fair.

1  Thank Wandere1963