“A good place for the family to hang out”

Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 352 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Took our grandson and his parents out for dinner and the environment was welcoming and comfortably casual. The food was tasty but a bit to gringo for me. Service was swift and professional. This restaurant is good value for the money.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This place has been a family favorite for years. We have not found a better Mexican restaurant anywhere in the Atlanta area. The food is excellent including dishes like lobster tacos to the ordinary Tex-Mex. Love their Texas frozen margaritas, the best of ever had.

Octavio is back in charge which added new items to the menu and took the good up another notch. Service excellent.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant since the first day the opened it and it still is my favorite one.
People are very kind. It gets very busy between 5pm and 7:30 so, make sure you go there later than that! The frozen margarita is my favorite.. No others do it better in the whole city of Atlanta. But this is my personal opinion so...try for yourself!

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

First I would like to say that my husband & I used to call this resturant one of our favorites "authentic Mexican" restaurants when we lived in Roswell a few years ago. Today we decided to go there with my cousin & her husband after bragging about how good the food & drinks were. We got there & went to the ladies room to wash our hands & saw two big roaches crawling up the wall! We were grossed out & saw another in the restroom! Needless to say, we grabbed our husbands & left the resturant. We are in search of another spot to eat. :-(

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the best Mexican/Tex-mex food we have found in the area. The service is wonderful and attentive, beer cheap, and portions are generous. Their small guacamole is huge and is filled with delicious avocado chunks! The chips are great as well. Our food was very good and was very hot. This was such a refreshing change from all of the other Mexican spots in the area! Yummy!