“Lots of fresh, truly flavorful vegetarian options” 4 of 5 bubbles

Plum Cafe
Ranked #40 of 333 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups, Brazilian, South American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta
“Lots of fresh, truly flavorful vegetarian options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

When I moved from Arlington, Virginia, I happened upon Plum Cafe my very first week in Roswell. Two years and many local dining experiences later, this restaurant is still near the very top of my list. I don't know many establishments that serve such fresh, delicious, consistently-prepared food. Sometimes food so predictably prepared is considered dull. Not here. Whether I'm having the beet quinoa salad or the tuna salad sandwich on sourdough bread, I experience a taste sensation. I am not exaggerating --- and since I can be snobby about food preparation, this is saying something.

The outdoor seating, especially under the pavillion, is a quaint touch. Plus my young daughter loves the grilled cheese sandwich and strawberry lemonade.

My one criticism is that sometimes service toward the end of the meal is a little slow. I think it's partially because the staff is so used to diners choosing to linger in their lovely restaurant.

• Visited April 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We've seen the signs but have never ventured off Canton Street to dine here but we're glad we did today. Wonderful lunch with very fresh ingredients along with nice bakery items.

They are farm to table and the dinner menu looked really good, especially the fish selections.

Small but good beer and wine list. Nice outdoor setting.

• Visited May 2014
Philadelphia
“charming and relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

A cute small cafe off of Canton Street. It has a soup and sandwich lunch and good coffee. everything is locally sourced and seasonal with many vegan choices. the service is friendly but slow. On a nice day, the gazeebo is a perfect spot to enjoy a cuppa.

Visited April 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“Always a favorite in Historic Roswell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Chicken Panini is my favorite, along with Tomato Basil soup. Each day brings soup and salad specials, so you have to visit often. The owners are extremely friendly and do their best to provide great service. This is not a fast food spot, it's home cooked heaven. There are special menu items for gluten free and dietary restrictions as well. Looking forward to spring when we can sit outside with our puppy again!

Visited March 2014
Roswell, Georgia
“Scrumptious New Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My partner and I have eaten dinner at Plum Cafe on 3 separate occasions with other couples this month and already have plans to return twice in February. After having eaten there once we wanted to share it with our friends. The flounder and the mussels were excellent. The portobello mushroom stuffed pork was outstanding. All of the vegetable sides are fresh, delightfully seasoned, and not overcooked. We've tried several appetizers and at least 3 of the desserts. We've enjoyed it all but the chocolate cake and the trifle were our favorite desserts. If we have any complaint it's that the owners are using the stemless wine glasses. Thus one cannot avoid holding the bowl of the glass---always a big "no,no" for a good glass of wine.

• Visited January 2014