“Ok restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2014

It is a great restaurant to be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening but that is the best thing they have to offer. They have 3 different dishes with ahi tuna that I was excited about only to find out they did not have any ahi tuna available. We were told it is out of season. I've never heard of that before! I've tried their spicy tuna before and it was awful. It is canned tuna fish. We both ordered pasta and it was only okay. Again I was surprised the restaurant did not have any red pepper flakes when I asked for them.
They really need to up the menu and/or improve the dishes. They are bland and boring. We won't return unless there is a major improvement.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I recently went to this restaurant again. The food and service was very good. Sitting outside on their grassy hill was great for a warm afternoon. I like to go here for their cheese plate and jalapeno steak quesadilla. There are other very good plates, but these are my favorites.

I will definitely go back.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

When NINE opened, it was a good addition to the Canton Street scene and friends and I went there fairly regularly. In the past year or so, the quality of the food and service have been uneven at best - they seem to do a better job with lunch than dinner. But after tonight, I will not return. My husband and I went out for dinner and, perhaps out of some misplaced loyalty, choose to eat at NINE. It was not particularly busy on a Thursday night, but the very young (and perhaps unsupervised) waitstaff seemed overwhelmed with the handful of tables that were occupied. Our waiter, while nice enough, was obviously not well-trained and we had to repeatedly ask for water, drinks and even silverware. At one point, he came to our table and stated, "Your food will be out shortly," at which point we told him we hadn't ordered yet - he looked bewildered and walked away. My husband ordered the house salad and crab chowder; I ordered a steak flip (quesadilla). After a long wait, another member of the waitstaff came to our table, put down my husband's chowder and said, "Can I bring you anything else?" I said, "Yes, my dinner." He looked bewildered and walked away; he returned five minutes later, saying there had been a mix-up in the kitchen, and my meal would be out shortly. They needn't have bothered; when it arrived, the flip contained beef so tough, it was inedible. I have had better dinners at chain restaurants, at half the price. (To be fair, my husband's chowder was decent). After waiting a very long time for the bill, we said our final good-bye to NINE; other Canton Street restaurants will be getting our business in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had the shrimp and grits and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere and you can sit inside or out. Nice service.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went to this place initially as it is dog-friendly. On this aspect they are fabulous. They have a spacious outdoor area and even provide blankets and water for your pet. We had a reservation, thank God, as it was an absolute zoo. Although we were seated immediately upon our arrival, things went downhill from there. It took well over 15 minutes for us to see our server, and that was only AFTER the hostess asked us if he had been there. He was lackadaisical, to say the least. We all felt like we were encroaching into his busy day of bong hits. When the food came out it was lukewarm at best and just okay--nothing I couldn't make at home. My fellow diners never got refills on their drinks, nor were we offered water. On the whole, it just seemed like they cared more about our canine companion than they did about us.

1  Thank Shannon S