“Mile High Apple Pie!”

Cuisines: American
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Mile High Apple Pie!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I think they put a case of apples in that pie- it was about a mile high and very tasty! The chocolate chess pie was delicious as well as the derby pie. Due to the holiday rush, they were running low on many of the pies, but we were fortunate enough to try 3 and they were all delicious, with very flaky crusts. It was worth the stop and at $3.50 a slice, well worth the price!

Visited December 2012

currituck NC
“Sadly I was not impressed”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

One would figure that a restaurant so wholly dedicated to pie might strive to 'create' rather than to simply 'construct'. I had great hope that this might be so for the Pie Hole, but sadly- I was disappointed and underwhelmed on many a front. I read some of the other reviews written by other "trip advisers" and my only conclusion is that these kind folks haven't truly experienced what I call "the secret ingredient" of CARE that was so lacking in these pies. So to anyone who has ever eaten a pie made without any more concern than that of a Mrs. Smith's variety, perhaps this place may well in fact have seemed truly amazing, but seriously folks...I shook my head in disbelief at the proud display of CRISCO on the shelves, coupled with the fact that both my sister in law and I were left with a feeling that we were somehow inconveniencing the pie monger by our visit, AND....this is a big one!- that she had a dog (albeit one of a small variety) IN THE KITCHEN while she lackadaisically scooped filling into a pie shell and boxed it with not so much a smile on her face. (we took a chicken pot pie to go and split a piece of key lime) neither were impressive. The ambiance ended at the door as Crisco was prominently displayed (please do some research, this stuff is NOT FOOD) as though she were bragging about how her pies were made from "scratch". Couple this with her attitude and the result of her culinary construction and I say- I would rather eat a Mrs. Smiths pie any day - cheaper, probably made with the same 'love and care' AND Crisco, and served with a whole lot less "attitude"

• Visited October 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“Great pie”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Excellent pies with a wide range of pies to select, all are freshly baked---usually plenty of parking out front.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING!!!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've heard from everyone that this place has great pies. I wanted a caramel pecan pie (Turtle) for Thanksgiving so we ordered one and picked it up Saturday (they were only going to have a limited selection of pies availabe the week of Thanksgiving). They told us that they were open until a certain time but if they sold out of pies they would close earlier (and call us to let us know so we could come pick up our pie prior to them closing). We ran by between 1 and 2p, picked up the pie along with slices for dessert that night. There was a limited selection so I do suggest if there is something you really want, go early in the day. The staff was extremely friendly. We enjoyed the slices we picked up for dessert that night and are looking forward to the Turtle pie!!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Nina1940
georgia
“Yummy!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great location off Canton Street. Not enough parking especially when people park their cars all wacky! Pies are yummy! Can purchase by the slice or by the pie. I agree with other reviewers - go early for the best selection.

• Visited June 2012