“90% Good But Lose the Attitude”
Review of Fishook Grille

Fishook Grille
Ranked #184 of 336 Restaurants in Roswell
Cuisines: Seafood, South American
Atlanta, Georgia
“90% Good But Lose the Attitude”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've given this place two chances and although the food is good, I'm not going back. The menu is pretty big and has a lot of good options for a fast casual place so if you've never been there before, it takes a few minutes to navigate the menu and figure out what you want. The first time I tried this place, I went in NOT during lunch rush so there was nobody there besides me when I arrived.

The man behind the register (dark-haired guy with glasses who I believe is the manager) was annoyed that I was taking too long to order and when someone lined up behind me, rather than saying "Ma'am please take your time to decide, but meanwhile I'll help the person behind you" I would have been MORE than happy to stand aside. But instead he said, "Ma'am it's really not that hard."

Excuse me? I left and went *next door* to Moe's for lunch.

That was a few months ago. So two days ago I went back to Fishook (again, after the lunch rush, at about 2:30pm) to give the place another chance. Same guy greets me in a friendly way, so I think, "Cool, this is a good start!"

I ordered grilled salmon with two sides (grilled zucchini and sweet potato fries.) ($12.28 including a fountain drink)

I sat down to wait for my lunch and they have free wifi. Regardless, I have no problem waiting 10 minutes for freshly grilled fish and veggies so that was fine.

When he brought my lunch, it wasn't salmon at all, but tilapia.

Me: "This looks nice but I ordered salmon."

Him: "No, you said tilapia."

Me: "No, I ordered salmon, but this is fine I'll eat it." (Sidebar: I really didn't care that it was tilapia. Tilapia is okay I just never order it unless it's the only choice)

Him: "I can show you the receipt." (Sidebar: Um, if you keyed in tilapia when I said salmon *of course* the receipt will say tilapia. That doesn't mean I ordered tilapia.)

Me: "I don't care what *the receipt* says, I ordered salmon. I would never order tilapia because I don't love tilapia. But it's fine I'll eat it." (Frankly I just wanted to eat some lunch and get on with my day so I didn't care that they got my order wrong. It happens)

He then offered to make me salmon if I could wait ten more minutes, which I declined and simply ate the tilapia. Which was delicious! And so was the zucchini. The spinach had way too much garlic so I left that uneaten.

My point is this: The place seems clean. The food here is actually good. It's cooked fresh and seems to be of quality. My experience was actually about 90% fine.

The reason I won't be back is the non-service attitude of this one person. On my first visit, he said "It's really not that hard" when I was trying to figure out what I wanted. That was just a dumb thing to say to a brand new customer.

Then the second time I came in, he ordered the wrong thing and then tried to prove that I was the one who ASKED for something I didn't want. Again another dumb thing to do.

I'm really not that fussy. Heck I worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and hey mistakes happen! Lord knows I've mis-ordered for a customer before. It happens. When you do that, you own your mistake and fix it.

You don't try to prove that the customer was in the wrong by saying "No you ordered..." and then saying "I can show you the receipt" just to prove that you're RIGHT.

In the service industry, you don't assign blame, even if the customer DID order the wrong thing (which in this case I didn't). You simply say "Oh I'm so sorry, I'll have your order made correctly and it will be right out."

So yes the food is quite good (a bit on the pricey side for lunch but seems like a great value for dinner). I'm just not diggin' the service. There are way too many fast casual options out there.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank FoodieMonica

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent Food and Prices”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The only downfall to this place and that is too far away from my home!!! The food is fresh and the prices are so great you can take the whole family! They have a great variety of food and plenty of it. If you haven't tried them...go now! It's worth it!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jen H
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not the same quality it used to be. Go elsewhere.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have eaten lunch once a week for a couple of years at the Fishhook Grille, but never again. The personnel have changed and it has affected the quality of service and food. The service is dreadfully slow, from the register to the server, to the chef. My meal has been overcooked and only warm the last two times. There are plenty of alternatives in the area. Go someplace good.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Nice place for healthy lunch!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

It didn't look like much on the outside but it was a Tuesday, and they have a nice $8 lunch deal, so we tried it. Really good! Had the salmon, cooked peefectly. Nice choice of toppings and sides. Will certainly be back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank teaaek
Woodstock, Georgia
“Surprising!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When our friends took us here for dinner I was a bit surprised that it wasn't a regular sit down restaurant with a wait staff and everything. I was, I admit, a bit skeptical about a place where you place your order at a counter and they bring it to your table a la Pei Wei. My skepticism turned to enjoyment when out orders came. My wife and I ordered the grilled tilapia over Greek salad. It was great! A generous piece of nicely seasoned tilapia topped the Greek salad for $8.99. I will be back.

• Visited April 2013