“Inexpensive but insecure?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The price was really inexpensive for the area, the staff was very friendly and conveniently located close to lots of restaurants. Not so sure about security, however. The gentlemen checking in ahead of me was very concerned about anyone "finding" him at the hotel once his name was in the system, and upon returning to the hotel later that night - there were three police cars in the parking lot. I asked the front desk if everything was alright - and they told me that there might be problems on the fourth floor, but that as I was on the second everything would be all right. Hmmm…also, while pet-friendly - the only pets I saw were pit bulls and german shepherds. Also, it was mostly men with the dogs - not families. Wifi worked well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jawhiskeyman

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Thank you for being a pet-friendly hotel without astronomical pet fees ... And for allowing two dogs without a weight limit.

Our trip was not vacation, we were in town for my Grandmother's funeral. Being allowed to bring our dogs on the 8 hour drive without feeling violated by pet fees ... Thank you.

And thank you for having a free breakfast so we could eat before beginning our long day.

We've already decided LaQuinta is our hotel of choice from now on.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank meakakau1
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Woman traveling alone with dog. Priorities in order: (1) Safety (2) Cleanliness (3) Good service (4) Comfortable beds with quality linens (5) Reliable wifi & decent TV (6) NO pet fee (the Marriott Residence Inn where I originally had a reservation for $53 for 1 night surprised me with a $100, yes $100 "pet sanitization fee at check in. Almost twice the price of the room.) after calling the Hyatt on Windward which also charged a similar fee, I was DELIGHTED when Claudette told me there was no addl pet fee. She found me eating utensils when I asked and SMILED as she did everything. I don't know what the people with negative reviews want for this price, but La Quinta in Roswell met all my needs very well. (By the way, I am a former original Pan Am flight attendant and have stayed at hotels all over the world.)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GeorgiaGypsy
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. Nice new TV but it needs to be on a taller piece of furniture. Our room had a loose electrical outlet under a broken cover but it worked most of the time. The place is nothing great but it's good for the price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jessi_Minaj
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting much. Just crashing here before I moved to a nice hotel before the weekend.

I'm not snobby (it was super cheap!) but... hair in the bed. Hair in the bathroom floor. I opened the dresser drawer and YIKES!! Looked like it had never been cleaned.

Funky moldy smell. I did smell the wet dog smell in the hallway like other reviewers.
Breakfast was terrible. But it's free so what do you want?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravellingGirl55
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A couple of friends and I reserved a room here expecting a nice stay at the La Quinta Buttttt no such luck we did not even stay the night. There was a smell in the front lobby that was so terrible like wet dog or mildew it seeped outside the doors. It was like the hotel was under water for a decade. I understand the price being what it was but I did not want my money involved in that. We ate the price for one night and ran as fast as we can to another hotel. The rooms had a mildew smell the ceilings we peeling… we were afraid to touch anything. Kudos to the people who stayed there they are soldiers!! Because they did say they hotel was booked. Go luck to those who stay there in the future… My option… Go elsewhere and La Quinta please do better!

Room Tip: Always dig dipper reviews about the hotels you reserve online.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lcelestin
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel - It's easy to find. Parking lot isn't very well lite but if you park right near a light you'll be fine. The lobby was clean and basic.

Check in - booked thru a third party. Walked in gave our name they handed us the keys and we were on our way. Fast and friendly check in. Told us where the room was, where the pool was the hours for breakfast and we were in the room in minutes.

The room - Yes the dated. Yes it smelled a little like mildew. As soon as we got in we turned on the AC and sprayed the place with a little frebreez (I always carry a travel size where ever I go) and we were good to go. The bed was comfy and clean and the shower was hot!! Those are the 3 things I care about. There is no view.

The breakfast is typical "make your own waffles and cereals and so on. Good deal since it was included.

Lots of food within walking distance.

We were just staying for the night before a 12 hour drive and trust me it was so worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cnt1248
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Atlanta Hotel
Atlanta Hotel
#9 of 10 in Roswell
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!