“Good value for the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Roswell
Douglasville, Georgia
“Good value for the price”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Woman traveling alone with dog. Priorities in order: (1) Safety (2) Cleanliness (3) Good service (4) Comfortable beds with quality linens (5) Reliable wifi & decent TV (6) NO pet fee (the Marriott Residence Inn where I originally had a reservation for $53 for 1 night surprised me with a $100, yes $100 "pet sanitization fee at check in. Almost twice the price of the room.) after calling the Hyatt on Windward which also charged a similar fee, I was DELIGHTED when Claudette told me there was no addl pet fee. She found me eating utensils when I asked and SMILED as she did everything. I don't know what the people with negative reviews want for this price, but La Quinta in Roswell met all my needs very well. (By the way, I am a former original Pan Am flight attendant and have stayed at hotels all over the world.)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank GeorgiaGypsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. Nice new TV but it needs to be on a taller piece of furniture. Our room had a loose electrical outlet under a broken cover but it worked most of the time. The place is nothing great but it's good for the price.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jessi_Minaj
Winston Salem, NC
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I wasn't expecting much. Just crashing here before I moved to a nice hotel before the weekend.

I'm not snobby (it was super cheap!) but... hair in the bed. Hair in the bathroom floor. I opened the dresser drawer and YIKES!! Looked like it had never been cleaned.

Funky moldy smell. I did smell the wet dog smell in the hallway like other reviewers.
Breakfast was terrible. But it's free so what do you want?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TravellingGirl55
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A couple of friends and I reserved a room here expecting a nice stay at the La Quinta Buttttt no such luck we did not even stay the night. There was a smell in the front lobby that was so terrible like wet dog or mildew it seeped outside the doors. It was like the hotel was under water for a decade. I understand the price being what it was but I did not want my money involved in that. We ate the price for one night and ran as fast as we can to another hotel. The rooms had a mildew smell the ceilings we peeling… we were afraid to touch anything. Kudos to the people who stayed there they are soldiers!! Because they did say they hotel was booked. Go luck to those who stay there in the future… My option… Go elsewhere and La Quinta please do better!

Room Tip: Always dig dipper reviews about the hotels you reserve online.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lcelestin

Travelers are raving about these Roswell hotels

Berlin, Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel - It's easy to find. Parking lot isn't very well lite but if you park right near a light you'll be fine. The lobby was clean and basic.

Check in - booked thru a third party. Walked in gave our name they handed us the keys and we were on our way. Fast and friendly check in. Told us where the room was, where the pool was the hours for breakfast and we were in the room in minutes.

The room - Yes the dated. Yes it smelled a little like mildew. As soon as we got in we turned on the AC and sprayed the place with a little frebreez (I always carry a travel size where ever I go) and we were good to go. The bed was comfy and clean and the shower was hot!! Those are the 3 things I care about. There is no view.

The breakfast is typical "make your own waffles and cereals and so on. Good deal since it was included.

Lots of food within walking distance.

We were just staying for the night before a 12 hour drive and trust me it was so worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cnt1248
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I am staying here for a business trip for the next couple days. The staff are detached and rude. The lobby smells like wet dog. There is hair in my tub (not my own). The window in my room was open and the lock doesn't work. The only way for me to secure my door is with a tiny chain. They didn't clean my sink this morning or change the lennins. There are sketchy drunk people hanging out in the parking lot at night and someone was driving a moped around in circles last night (drunk) in the parking circle. There is what I can only describe as a pancake sized blood stain on my carpet and the room smells like cigarettes. I am no Hotel snob but this place is scary at best and dangerous at worst. I did not sleep well last night due to all the noise from people on the floor above me. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Done2u
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the cheapest hotel in the area, and for that you get what you pay for. I've also stayed at $80 a night hotels that were lovely. You never know in this price range.
The major issue was the urine smell of the carpeting. It's an old hotel, so you know its not going to be luxury. But that smell-my goodness! You got smacked in the face with it when you hit the lobby. The room was a little better- but I still had to wash the entire contents of my suitcase when I got home- the smell seeped into the clean clothes.
The beds, however, were clean and comfortable. The staff seemed very nice as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Roswell
Best Western Plus Roswell/Alpharetta
Baymont Inn & Suites Roswell Atlanta North
Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Roswell
Holiday Inn Atlanta/Roswell
Hampton Inn Alpharetta/Roswell
Ramada Limited Alpharetta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Roswell? Share your experiences!