“Real good food but missing......heart??!!??”
Review of Sophia's Restaurant & Tapas - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King Road
Reviewed September 30, 2013

It used to be called Sugo's and apparently was a franchise of them so their menu is based off of it so the food is good and wine list compliments well. It tries and makes a good attempt at recreating Sugo but it is missing some Castalucci element. The restaurant is appealing and I cannot say the food wasn't good but there seems to be missing some creativity or authenticity...that may sound strange but my wife and I each got 2 different specials and both were topped with fried asparagus. That may sound trite but I've dined enough in NY/NJ to know that it isn't the same as Sugo. It still is really good so I don't want to discount that. The menu could have used more non-meat dishes. They had issues with their espresso machine so I was forced to drink coffee. They ran out of togo bags.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am going to say this place is good because it really was this time. A year or two ago my husband and I had a very bad customer service experience with the owner and this is our first time back. Reading some of the other bad reviews doesn't surprise me...but this time was wonderful. We were pleasantly surprised to find our very favorite server from the clock tower Sugo's (which closed) now working here. She made the whole dining experience so perfect that it is worth it just to see her! The food is very good...not as good as the clock tower Sugo's, but nothing could compare to that, so I'm not being fair! I am definitely looking forward to coming back!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate here with friends, overdid it on tapas but everything was excellent. I had the pork, it is out of this world. I have eaten here before, I will come again. In my opinion this should be the number 1 restaurant in Roswell.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to Sophia's with the whole family on a Sunday night of a three-day (Labor day) weekend. The service was very good. However the food was average; the pasta and pomodora sauce with meatballs were unremarkable, except for a sweet flavor that we did not expect or like in this classic dish -- but it was probably a variation enjoyed by others.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food was pre made and reheated. The potatoes were dried and overcooked. Scallops tasted like paper. Everything was cold. Dark and rundown atmosphere. On a Saturday night , it was kind of empty. Don't waiste your money!