“Horrible customer service”

Cross street: King Road
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible customer service”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have visited this restaurant and location for years and always had a good experience. My last dining experience I presented my server with a gift card including receipt with date of purchases. Because the gift card showed the restaurants previous name, although ownership did not change, they would not honor my card. The manager would not visit our table, even when requested, and only offered to "half" the value of the card.
We have hosted graduation, birthday and employee parties at this restaurant. As a small business owner myself I am disgusted at the lack of customer service we received. It's a shame that a manager cannot step up and face customers. Bad managent - bad customer service.

1 Thank Gymbum118

Cancun, Mexico
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We've eaten several times over the years at this restaurant when it was still Sugo. Last night we returned to Sophia's and were not disappointed. There were 8 of us ranging in age from 10-83 and everyone loved their food. We shared several appetizers including, the bruschetta, rice balls and an antipasto. All were excellent. My husband ordered a seafood pasta dish extra spicy, the plate was huge and he raved about it. I ordered the pasta purses which were almost like ravioli in a cream sauce. The pasta was good but very rich. Other people at the table ordered chicken dishes and a scallop special. The kids menu was great, one kid had a pizza and my son had spegetti and meatballs which was very tasty. Overall, the food was great. The only comment was that for the price there were a few service details that are missed like changing the silverware between courses and lifting up dirty appetizer plates before serving the mains. Neither of these details would stop us from going back. Fantastic Food!

• Visited November 2011
Charlotte
“Don't leave without carefully checking your bill!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

4 of had a bill of almost $300. Even though 2 of us sent our meals back, I still left a generous tip. It was not until I got home and checked my bill that I found I had been charged $40 more for a bottle of wine I did not have. I sent a polite note asking for a credit and was told they would look into it. 8 more emails none of which were answered. I now go to the Clocktower instead, and will NEVER again visit Sophia's. Check your bill carefully before you leave.

• Visited October 2011
Aiken, South Carolina
“Perfect Dining Experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Sugo is now Sophia's - same location and same owner who has renamed her restaurant for her adorable grandchild.
We really enjoyed Sugo's a few years ago and wanted to try it again. When I called to make reservations, I was asked if this was a special occasion and I said, "yes, my husband's 65th birthday". They said - We will take care of it. And indeed, they did. There were four of us, and each meal (all different) was delicious. Our waitress was excellent. When we were finished dinner, a slice of "birthday cake" was brought, which was delicious. We ended up ordering more desserts. And the waitress brought a small glass of champagne for each of us to toast for our birthday celebration. The restaurant was quiet, with nice Italian music in the background. Decor was attractive.
Although this restaurant is a bit pricier than we would usually spend, it was worth every penny, as the food was delicious and perfectly prepared, and the service was excellent.
We will definitely return to Sophia's for another enjoyable dining experience, even though it is a bit of a drive for us. A+

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank MountainLily3
Acworth
“Go to the Clocktower location instead! :(”
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I'll start by saying you can't eat atmosphere but with with saying "never let a customer leave your restuarant pissed off at you".

I've been dining at the "original" Sugo's down at the clocktower and have LOVED it. We've referred literally dozens of people and thousands of business there. We've done our company Christmas parties there for a couple years and they are just INCREDIBLE.

we decided to try this location......OBVIOUSLY different owners! They care nothing about the customer and I don't care for a parking lot as a view while sitting outside. Add leaf blowers from Pike's next door and you have a recipe for DO NOT DINE OUTSIDE HERE!

The food is "ok" but not like the other location.

For what it is worth, I'm Italian and grew up in the middle of Soprano's territory for 26 years.....I know about Italian food!!! Hit the clocktower location, pass on this one.