“heartracing fun!”

Penrith Whitewater Stadium
Reviewed May 31, 2014

While I have never whitewater rafted in the wild, I am sure that this place would be pretty much the same! It was used for the whitewater kayaking events in the Sydney 2000 Olympics! I have experienced whitewater rafting here, and it was awesome fun! only suggestion is, if you wear contact lenses, wear some swim goggles, because when our raft tipped over at one stage (but it was all safe!) I went under water and didn't want to open my eyes for fear of losing my contacts!

All reviews
"voucher"
"whitewater"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I came out to do running scared an obstacle race that's horror themed. The regatta centre was beautifully garden and manicured. I would love to return for a picnic

Reviewed April 2, 2014

First ride down the rapids was lots of fun. By the end of the hour, everyone in the boat was getting tired. I fell out and got dragged over 3 rapids down a concrete channel mostly underwater. My legs and hands had serious abrasions. When I got home, I went to the doctor who described my left ankle as "gouged". I've just got back from my 2nd trip to the doctor and have knee to ankle bandages. I think Whitewater Stadium should focus more on what to do if you're injured. I don't know if they even provide any first aid. I am glad to be alive.

3  Thank canmount
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I am sure people around the area don't even know they can go into this fabulous facility and marvel at its engineering - all for free! And whilst there - sit and enjoy a wonderful coffee/lunch at the cafe overlooking the start of the ride. You can also take your own lunch and have it on the tables and chairs provided - under the umbrella! How lucky we are!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Really had a blast doing this, it was fast and exciting but extremely safe. I do not consider myself a strong swimmer so I was initially a little nervous. So believe it or not on the first rapid I fell out of the raft but I floated nearly all the way down it is quite safe you have life jackets etc. They also have people throwing ropes to take you to the edge if you are really struggling.

Overall great day for teenagers and adults that are kids at heart.