“OK for rate, but Sofa in suite has alot of stains, HMMM”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rome
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This hotel is decent. The cleaning staff is very good.
Cons: They only have 1 small washer and 1 small dryer and each is $1.50. I stayed in the king suite, and it has a sofa. In which I had to Lysol. there are stains on it , that kind of scared me. and my blankets,and sheets have stains on them also. the towels are bad too. rough, with dark spots. one of them had dark red spots (Looked like Blood)
Pros:The things I liked about this place is that the cleaning staff is very good. My room smelled clean everytime I walked in, and they cleaned the restrom thuroughly,and dusted everything in the room. the cable works, and the internet is pretty good.
I worked off of it for 2 days and never got disconnected.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Rome

Reviewed May 19, 2009

First of all, I thought it was a little high priced at $89/night for a place such as Rome, GA. There is a very small pool, which was closed. It was 85 degrees out that day so I have no idea why. We were not going to use it anyways the night we stayed. The beds and pillows were very comfy but we could hear everything that was going on above us. Some people can be so respectful in hotels, especially in the hallways late at night. That has nothing to do with the hotel itself other than the walls could be paper-thin. Breakfast was typical for a Comfort Inn but this one had a waffle maker. They supplied the batter and you made the waffles yourself. They were delicious!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2008

This hotel was rated #1 in Rome, GA, and since it was close to our meeting scheduled for the next morning, we decided to give it a try.

Boy, were we disappointed. I don't know how everyone else thought that it was so clean. First off, the bathroom floor had dried spills that should have easily been cleaned up by a maid. The phone had 2 dead bugs on it. I found a few hairs in my bed. The alarm clock had some smeared food on it.

As for the other aspects of the room, I was equally disappointed. My bathroom door had been busted off of the top hinge, so I had to lift it up each time to close it. The closet doors were very cheap and difficult to close. The room smelled strongly of a cheap strawberry-scent cover-up to disguise the cigarette smell of my "non-smoking room." The hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The breakfast in the morning was very limited, but did have some basics to get by on.

The only good thing about this hotel was the view from my room window. When I opened the curtains, I found that it looked out to beautiful vine-covered trees that were just breathtaking.

As I drove out of town, I realized that there were plenty of other hotels to chose from in the older (more quaint) section of Rome and just slightly outside of town. Next time, I'll definitely look to those areas before considering this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank SD_Happy_Traveller
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We were visiting Rome for several days and stayed at the Comfort Inn. Everyone we came in contact with on the staff was friendly and attentive. If they asked how your day was - they listened to the answer! This is not a fancy hotel, but it was comfortable and clean, and our room was well taken care of by the maid. The location is on the central-west side of Rome and there were several fast food restaurants close by. The continental breakfast didn't have a lot of choices (mostly pastries, bagels, toast and cereal) - and the offerings didn't change much from day to day but it was convenient to have the option to eat there.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Thank WhichWay?
Reviewed May 10, 2008

There was one girl at the front desk when we checked in. The lobby was full of people, yet she smiled and greeted everyone as they walked in the door. She was accurate and fast and was checking in people 2 at a time.
It was hard to find bc it was behind another business, but it also made it to where you did not hear much traffic from the street.
The rooms were clean. The only dust I saw was on the front of the TV and the bathroom was really clean.
It wasn't but 2 miles from downtown.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Had an excellent stay at this Comfort Inn hotel. Everything was very clean and the staff was very helpful and courteous. They have free wireless internet service with a great complimentary breakfast. Will be going back on my next visit to Rome, GA!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I loved this place.. it was quiet, clean and friendly... all i require.
the bonus was that they just upgraded all the linen in all the rooms and everything down to the bathroom floors was so clean !! i used to stay at country inn and hampton inn cuz it was in east rome, but this is only 8 min. drive from there and i wanted to try tis place as my friend is a regular there. This place has better service, same amenities as the other two and it cost me $20 less !! its not much but if u stay there 5 days a week like i do it adds up to alot !! Their rewards program is awesome (for people like me who need the free rooms) and it took 2 min. to sign up.. with a free night after just two stays !! I will definately make this my place of stay in rome from now on and will strongly recommend it to anyone who goes to rome !!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business