Baymont Inn & Suites Rome
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Courtyard Rome(Rome)
View Hotel
All reviewssurrounding area iswafflesexcellent stayroom was cleanin towntoilet paperfront counterstar hoteldesk clerkfresh fruitwould stay here againdianegiannincratesevacuationhurricane
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed 2 nights due to taking child to college in Rome area. Large clean room (2 queen beds) and nicely appointed bathroom. However, the hallways were hot and the elevator was slow & made a loud beep noise as it stopped at each floor. The front desk was helpful and courteous but at checkin the clerk gave us a room that was being rennovated. Not thrilled to walk in and there is a ladder and paint buckets everywhere. Not happy to have to go back down to the lobby after we have already taken our bags up with us. Front Desk excuse being person did not have notes on that particular room. I was offered a lower rate but due to being a prepaid offer I was not eligible for the discount. Hotel would not issue me a refund so to speak. Second day the key cards stopped working and had to get new ones. Hassle. The sitting area with sofa provided an extra area but could not really see TV from where it was positioned over by the sleeping area. Beds were comfortable. Beware of vending machines. Limited selection or sold out and it took my money though for compensation I got a free bottle of water from front. The morning breakfast was good and had decent selection. Breakfast area was clean and neat. Coffee was excellent and is available 24 hrs. Free WiFi...no problem. Cable pkg. better than 2 other hotels I have stayed at in Rome. Overall I probably would stay in this hotel again because it was safe, clean and the beds were comfortable. Nothing is perfect. Next time I will NOT PREPAY for an internet special price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I was in Rome for my son's tennis tournament a few weeks ago, and we stayed here. The room was nice, but the whole floor smelled a little like cigarettes. The attendant at the front desk was great though. She was very kind and helpful. Our room was clean, but it was hot when we first came in. I'm not sure we would chose to stay here again, but it was nice either way. They had four little pillows on every bed instead of two regular sized ones, which I found strange...but oh well. It wasn't that bad.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2010

This hotel is decent. The cleaning staff is very good.
Cons: They only have 1 small washer and 1 small dryer and each is $1.50. I stayed in the king suite, and it has a sofa. In which I had to Lysol. there are stains on it , that kind of scared me. and my blankets,and sheets have stains on them also. the towels are bad too. rough, with dark spots. one of them had dark red spots (Looked like Blood)
Pros:The things I liked about this place is that the cleaning staff is very good. My room smelled clean everytime I walked in, and they cleaned the restrom thuroughly,and dusted everything in the room. the cable works, and the internet is pretty good.
I worked off of it for 2 days and never got disconnected.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2009

First of all, I thought it was a little high priced at $89/night for a place such as Rome, GA. There is a very small pool, which was closed. It was 85 degrees out that day so I have no idea why. We were not going to use it anyways the night we stayed. The beds and pillows were very comfy but we could hear everything that was going on above us. Some people can be so respectful in hotels, especially in the hallways late at night. That has nothing to do with the hotel itself other than the walls could be paper-thin. Breakfast was typical for a Comfort Inn but this one had a waffle maker. They supplied the batter and you made the waffles yourself. They were delicious!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2008

This hotel was rated #1 in Rome, GA, and since it was close to our meeting scheduled for the next morning, we decided to give it a try.

Boy, were we disappointed. I don't know how everyone else thought that it was so clean. First off, the bathroom floor had dried spills that should have easily been cleaned up by a maid. The phone had 2 dead bugs on it. I found a few hairs in my bed. The alarm clock had some smeared food on it.

As for the other aspects of the room, I was equally disappointed. My bathroom door had been busted off of the top hinge, so I had to lift it up each time to close it. The closet doors were very cheap and difficult to close. The room smelled strongly of a cheap strawberry-scent cover-up to disguise the cigarette smell of my "non-smoking room." The hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. The breakfast in the morning was very limited, but did have some basics to get by on.

The only good thing about this hotel was the view from my room window. When I opened the curtains, I found that it looked out to beautiful vine-covered trees that were just breathtaking.

As I drove out of town, I realized that there were plenty of other hotels to chose from in the older (more quaint) section of Rome and just slightly outside of town. Next time, I'll definitely look to those areas before considering this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business