“Not the norm”

Rome Inn and Suites
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed October 15, 2013

AC compressor made a great deal of noise when it turned on, not sure if the rheostat knob worked properly? It was cool enough that we got by with the fan mode, but made it a little humid in the room. Some weird grout job going on in the bath room? Used/wasted 20,000 points on room. I asked for a receipt as my card was swiped for the room. Had to explain and have a negotiation session to get some sort of documentation showing the card was not used. Frustrating as it was, the host figured it out. The orange juice was not filled. A customer noted it and it was not taken care of after about 15-20 min of staying in the area and eating. People kept coming up to it trying to get juice. Kind of comical in a sad sort of way. I drank my watered down juice and soldiered on, hey at least I wasn't deployed and in a tent :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rome Inn and Suites

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Finding myself in need of overnight accommodations in Rome, GA, I quickly discovered that my usual hotel brand of choice, SPG, was not an option. Fortunately, there was a Hilton brand hotel in the Hampton Inn. I was able to redeem some Hilton points for the stay and the online reservation went extremely smooth through the hhonors website. Upon arrival, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Check in was quick and there were some cookies and water out for guests. Upon entering the room, it was warm as the air was off, but that changed soon enough. The room managed to stay cool even though it was in the 80s outside. The room was clean and spacious. The free breakfast was adequate and provided plenty of choices. The only quirk about the two night stay is that the staff did not replenish the shampoo and conditioner after the first night. The Hampton Inn is a short drive from downtown Rome so plan to have a car. There was a nearby Holiday Inn, Best Western, La Quinta, and a Comfort Inn, so if you collect/use points from those places, I would consider them. However, if you are in the Hilton hhonors program, I would definitely recommend this hotel. The options, as mentioned earlier, are limited and this one will provide a decent accommodation while participating in one of the big hotel point programs.

Room Tip: Only two floors so choose the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Rome Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that you found our staff friendly and helpful and our rooms clean and spacious. I am only sorry to see that the housekeeping staff did not restock your conditioner and shampoo. I have spoken to them about this issue so that all guest will get the amenities they need. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed there 2 weeks in September 2013 and just checked out yesterday. I have stayed here several times over the years on business but this is definitely my last stay. Guest laundry was broken the entire time, room carpet is filthy,, bath tub stopper broken. No response to complaints. Can't believe this place continues to fill up. It has to be first timers.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, go to another Hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Rome Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our property during your time with us. We will take your comments under consideration while we work with the appropriate team members to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and find that it is deteriorating very quickly ax the maintenance is very poor. The air condition was leaking in to the room. Bathroom fixtures are outdated and building conditions are in need of many repairs

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Rome Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response in our Trip Advisor. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very run down property. Smelled like mildew and was warm and humid everywhere. Room AC worked poorly. Carpet was wet by AC. In room coffee maker did not work. The hotel was full which in hindsight is a mystery to me. Associate stayed at a Comfort Inn right next to it that was clean, new, and had large rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Rome Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that you were not happy with the condition of our property and guest rooms. We will keep your comments in mind while we work with our management team to improve our guest experience. Again, we apologize and we hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Found out, that I have to check everything myself to see if it is a room for a handicapped person and to see if everything is in working condition. Also, that don't expect what there is for breakfast to something that isn't for you. You may have to have to pay for a breakfast out. And if you do, you should tell the desk manager, that the so called free breakfast isn't what you expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that you were not able to find something suitable for breakfast. We do offer a hot and cold breakfast and I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast. I am sure you will be happy to know that we will be adding new items to our usual morning breakfast, so hopefully, if you stay with us again, you will find something to your liking.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

First room was 60 degrees and couldn't be adjusted. Second room was a little smelly and tv remote wouldn't work. No working ice makers in building. When I inquired, they said to drive to the convenience store and buy my own.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Rome Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

We apologize for the quality of services you received during your recent stay. We have reported the malfunctioning of the TV remote. Our ice machine is operational on first floor and we are waiting on a part to repair the second floor machine. I am sorry this was an inconvenience to you. I hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area.