“Good value - decent room - not close to restaurants” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good value - decent room - not close to restaurants”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in business. Standard quality Hampton inn. We missed the hotel at first - as it's not easily seen front the main road . The hotel is at the top of a hill past the comfort inn and next to La Quinta. So if you see those signs you have found the Hampton inn. Room size was standard king bed .

We drove towards downtown to get to the main drag for a variety of chain restaurants . Only thing close to the hotel is a huddle house.

There is a shuttle you can get from the Atlanta airport to this hotel it runs about $45.

Otherwise the drive is about an 45- min to an hour. We stayed in Atlanta the night before and drove in. It took about an hour.

If you are an outdoor runner - the hills will be a challenge.

Decent place to stay no frills.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thanks for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.There are three restaurants located close to our hotel and all other restaurants are only a few miles away. I am sorry if this was an inconvenience to you. We hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Celaya, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns and this one is just as good as the next one. The only complaint I would have about this one is the location. It is not like most Hamptons - there are no restaurants within walking distance - there is not much going on at all near this Hampton.

The staff here was very helpful. I originally booked a room with 2 double beds. I called to have this changed to a King bed room. Once we arrived, the gentleman remembered my call and told me that that there were no King rooms left, but we could get upgraded to the King Suite at no extra charge...PERFECT!

Overall a good stay...we will stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel.I am pleased to see that you found our staff to be helpful! We hope to see you return again soon.
Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've stayed at many Hamptons and usually have a good experience. This property is older, smaller than most of the Hamptons. The rooms are a little long in the tooth but clean. The rooms standard HI, with small fridge, flat screen TV and semi-comfortable bed. Bathroom was clean and stocked with HI amenities. Towels were small and not plush by any means. HVAC was a loud wall unit so common in the south.
Breakfast was ok. The food wasn't very hot, the oatmeal looked and tasted as if water had been added and was inedible. I;m not sure I would stay here again if I visited Rome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry you were not happy with our breakfast. I have spoken with our breakfast hostesses and I hope that we are able to make breakfast better for our guests. I am pleased to see that you did find your room to be clean and well stocked.We hope we can have another chance to show you what we are all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had a last minute trip for medical reasons and booked with Hilton points. We needed a late checkout to handle a conference call for work. The night manager said it would be fine. The next day we stopped to tell the day manager, who was already aware of our needs. I was very impressed with the level of communication. The room was comfy, clean and quiet. I will definitely stay there again

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that you were taken care of during your stay with us. Our staff is definitely the best staff around and I am glad to see that they were able to take care of all of your needs. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you, again!
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's a nice motel. Most Hampton Inns are. The room was clean. The property was clean. I had to get a double room because all of the kings were taken, but the bed was still comfortable. Typical Hampton breakfast in the morning, with plenty of coffee.

The only complaint is that the bath tub did not drain well. Actually, it barely drained at all. Second floor may be more quite. If you are on the first floor, sound transmits through the floor from the room above rather well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am glad to see that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I did have maintenance take care of the tub issue that you had in your room. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again, soon.
Augusta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was a sight unseen reservation based on generally good experiences with Hampton Inns. The hotel was very difficult to find with no signage on the highway directing you to the property. Carpets were dirty in the halls giving a poor introduction to the property. Sounds of those in the room above walking and otherwise moving around were very audible. The tub did not drain well and whatever substance was used to clean remained on the surface making it dangerously slippery. Restaurant availability within a mile of the hotel is very, very limited. In sum, not a good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry you were not happy with the condition of our property. We have worked with both our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that we correct all issues. We hope we can have another chance to show you what we are all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was a little hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews. I checked in about 8:30. The person that greeted me at the front desk was friendly. My room was quiet, clean and I had no issues in the room. I did not use the gym. The staff at breakfast the next morning were friendly and the area was clean with typical hampton fare.

The hotel is up on a hill and there aren't any restaurants close by-but there aren't any close to any of the area hotels. Overall I had no issues.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking a chance on us, even though you felt a little hesitant from past reviews. I am glad that you found our hotel quiet, clean and had no issues. We appreciate you taking the time to let people know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you.