“almost typical hampton inn”

Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Cleveland, Georgia
“almost typical hampton inn”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's a nice motel. Most Hampton Inns are. The room was clean. The property was clean. I had to get a double room because all of the kings were taken, but the bed was still comfortable. Typical Hampton breakfast in the morning, with plenty of coffee.

The only complaint is that the bath tub did not drain well. Actually, it barely drained at all. Second floor may be more quite. If you are on the first floor, sound transmits through the floor from the room above rather well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am glad to see that, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. I did have maintenance take care of the tub issue that you had in your room. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to see you again, soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Augusta, GA
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was a sight unseen reservation based on generally good experiences with Hampton Inns. The hotel was very difficult to find with no signage on the highway directing you to the property. Carpets were dirty in the halls giving a poor introduction to the property. Sounds of those in the room above walking and otherwise moving around were very audible. The tub did not drain well and whatever substance was used to clean remained on the surface making it dangerously slippery. Restaurant availability within a mile of the hotel is very, very limited. In sum, not a good choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry you were not happy with the condition of our property. We have worked with both our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure that we correct all issues. We hope we can have another chance to show you what we are all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Travelers are raving about these Rome hotels

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was a little hesitant to stay here after reading some of the reviews. I checked in about 8:30. The person that greeted me at the front desk was friendly. My room was quiet, clean and I had no issues in the room. I did not use the gym. The staff at breakfast the next morning were friendly and the area was clean with typical hampton fare.

The hotel is up on a hill and there aren't any restaurants close by-but there aren't any close to any of the area hotels. Overall I had no issues.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking a chance on us, even though you felt a little hesitant from past reviews. I am glad that you found our hotel quiet, clean and had no issues. We appreciate you taking the time to let people know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you.
United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Overnight stay on road trip. Overall exterior look standard Hampton.
Didn't expect fridge and microwave in the room, but found them there; unsure if now in more or all rooms. AC broken knobs, wouldn't adjust at all without removal of the cover. AC with fairly constant loud, high-pitched noise (ear plugs recommended for sleep), but cooled adequately. Some small amounts of mold in the bathroom, but otherwise seemed clean enough.

Staff members varied - some absolutely lovely with call to room to check on our arrival and help with breakfast, some appeared completely annoyed by our mere presence.
Breakfast area clean, very well stocked, standard Hampton fare with hot and cold choices.

Overall less than typically expected from Hampton brand, though maybe "OK" for a small town. I think the standard rates are above what I would expect to pay for the quality received. Hilton Honors Reward Category 3? Would not represent a good value for points, in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I have spoken with maintenance about the knobs on your air unit. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a business trip I booked myself as I had very little information to go off of as I had never been to Rome, GA before. I arrived early on the day of check-in and was greeted at the front desk by the GM. Since this was before the designated check-in time, I had asked if it was too early to take my items to the room, she said that there was no problem and gave me directions and keys to the room. I arrived in the room to find that it was a handicap access room with a king bed. At the time, it was not a big deal as it had everything that I needed including a refrigerator and microwave. I left to go to the office for the day and returned at approximately 930pm to retire for the night. I noticed that since this was a handicap room, the shower was free standing so a wheelchair could roll in. After the shower, I had to wipe up the entire bathroom floor to keep from slipping. I contacted the front desk and asked to be moved and it was indicated that they were sold out for the evening. I checked with Hilton.com and their reservation line and they were showing vacancy. I called the front desk back and indicated that the web and customer service were showing vacancy. He stated that he would check again and when he returned, he stated that there was a smoking room/double that was now available. Either he didn't check or a room had randomly become available in the 10 minutes from my original call to him. Since I don't smoke and because of the time of day, I opted not to change rooms.

The next morning, I went and had a brief discussion with the GM and front desk asking to be moved and outlined the events of the prior evening. They happily moved me to another standard king room. When I entered the room, it was missing an alarm clock and a stand for a suitcase. I went back to the front desk and they promptly sent two ladies from the housekeeping team with the items. I showered and pulled out the ironing board and began to iron my clothes. As I was walking around, I came within 5 feet of the window and stepped in a large puddle of water that was coming from the window AC unit. Yet again, I went to the front desk. They stated that they would get maintanence involved and indicated that they would hold a room for me in the event the issue was not resolved.

I arrived back to the room at 930pm after a long day and went to the room. I opened the door to the strong smell of mildew. I went over to the window and found the same puddle of water but this time it had extended out further. Yet again, I went to the front desk, explained my situation and she indicated that maintanence told her that the problem was resolved. I asked to be immediately moved to another room and she indicated that they were sold out again. I indicated that she needed to get the GM of the property on the phone. In the meantime, I asked where the closest Hilton property was and it was approximately 45 mintues away. She was able to find a room directly across the hall that was out of service for tile work in the bathroom. Although it had not yet been cleared for use, she offered the room. Because of the strong odor in my newest room, I accepted.

The third room (in three days) only had two double beds but it was a place to sleep. After three rooms and long days of work, the last thing I wanted to do was to find a) another hotel or b) move to yet another room so I dropped the issue.

This is a renovated hotel. Rooms are dark and in need of updating. The closets do not even fit a standard hanger. The closet door tracks are rusted and move poorly, repairs are substandard and the access ramp to the hotel parking lot is terrible. The staff is friendly and will try to make things right. From what I have read on this and other sites, the experiences I encountered are not unusual.

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Ryan B
HamptonRomeGa, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are truly sorry that you were unhappy with the handicapped king room that you booked, solely because it was a handicap room. I am also sorry you were displeased with the subsequent rooms we put you in. We have worked with both our housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure that all issues are corrected. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured. As we issued you the 100% guarantee for each night that you stayed with us and issued you a Be My Guest card, please let us know what else we can possibly do to make this right for you. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and would love a second chance.
Clinton, Mississippi
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Traveling with our daughter who is expecting her first child in August--we were concerned that they had the no rooms with two king size beds--they upgraded us to a suite with a sofa-bed at no extra cost and best of all-there was a bottle of water and snicker bar-- waiting on us--that is the hampton service we enjoy

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HamptonRomeGa, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Rome, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
It was our pleasure having ya'll! Thank You so much for staying with us! If you're ever this way, give us a call so we can book ya! Hope your New little grandbaby (and your daughter) are doing well and CONGRADULATIONS!!!
Your Hampton Inn Family
PA
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Have been staying here weekly since June 2011 for work. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Convenient to downtown Rome. Good value for price. Can't beat Hampton duvet covers.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for choosing to stay with us And for your review! We value each and everyone of our guests! We hope to see you again in your future travels to Rome, Ga!
Your Hampton Inn Family