“Good hotel for an inexpensive stay”

Days Inn Rome Downtown
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with my children on two occasions in June, having booked both stays ahead of time and only after my mom had stayed and found it to be good for the price you pay. The plusses-- clean, good location, easy check-in with helpful staff, very affordable, good shower, nice sizeed cold fridge. The negatives --- back door to hotel broken so just anyone can wander in, doors have bolt and chain which barely worked, very old furnishings and worn bedding, old bathrooms that while clean were really in need of repairs. Not sure if we will stay there again...guess I am just too used to more updated properties but overall it was clean and cheap.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank bssigirl1

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I came to the hotel for a wedding so my rate was around $65. The hotel is not new at all but clean. I am extremely particular and surprisingly I had no complaints. Microwave and mini fridge in the room. It was better than I expected ...

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andersoncrew
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked this room online, looked at the pictures and drove by the hotel and all looked fine. Extremely run-down, dingy and safety definitely an issue. Do not stay here! Definitely not worth the $75 a night we paid. We checked out the next morning and moved down the street to Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sandguru
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have stayed their on three different occasions and it has been nice and the hotel clerk was very friendly. Our room was clean and we received fresh towels everyday as well. We would go to the steak and shake right next to it. I would get up to go to breakfast and the breakfast was really nice as well as the ladies who were stocking for the breakfast area. I enjoyed my stay tremendously. Kudos to the staff and their customer service skills.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2011

nothing fancy but nice clean confortable stay, good enough breakfast, and very friendly staff, allmost all the restaurant are in walking distance, we were up on late night walk out to next door steak N shake, went to breakfast room to watch tv, desk cleark was nice let us use that room and turn tv and air on for 6 of us, we enjoied our stay and will be back again to days inn in rome, ga

Room Tip: best location and great staff, clean comfortable room with good rates
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Staying here for Thanksgiving week. Room not made up on holiday. Complained to desk, told , no maids available on holiday. Didn't I pay for that service in my room charge?Offered a new room, but who wants to change rooms at 10 at night? Agree with chemical smell. All over hotel. Needs a good freshening up.Damaged paint, water stains, etc. Rear door to parking lot, supposed to lock with key card entry- Would not lock , open to anyone who walked up.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

sheets were worn thread bare. bedspread was stained on the under side. mattress hard on each double, (there were 2 of us, one on ea. bed), tv outdated but worked, batteries low, carpet clean, furniture outdated, "breakfast" were choices of cereal, milk, instant oatmeal, average bagel, muffins & donuts that i didn't try, coffee in hallway wasn't in the the breakfast area, nice looking common room with modern tv. I noticed that the "star days inn rating" was 5.....don't think that was correct.
Like I mentioned, not a bad place at all, good area of town, but---just below average. I would have given it a better rating if it weren't for the sheets & bed spread in room 207. (housekeeping take note)
On the NICE SIDE...the room smelled lovely & clean, like fragrant soap when walking in. nice!

Room Tip: llok for the amenities....like is there coffee in the room!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business