“Glad I chose this one”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Rome
Cumming, Georgia, USA
“Glad I chose this one”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading reviews of quite a few of the hotels in the surrounding area, we decided to stay here, even though it was about 30 miles from where we were having a two day meeting. So glad we did. The gentleman at the desk when I checked in was courteous and friendly. The room was clean. Breakfast was good even though the eating space was a little crowded with a college swim team in town for a swim meet. Once they cleared out, we had the breakfast area to ourselves. I'd definitely stay here, again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sammamish, Washington, USA
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is one of the cleanest hotels we have ever stayed in - absolutely spotless. It was quiet, the room/beds were very comfortable. Check-in and check-out were quick and easy and the staff friendly. Breakfast was find and the price was very good. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MPS37-74
BESTRGA, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
On behalf of our staff, we thank you for your recent survey. Your opinion of our services is important, and we appreciate your feedback.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rome, Georgia.

Thank you very much.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel, it is older, but probably the cleanest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Price was great, the breakfast was fine. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice when traveling to Rome. It was the best hotel I have stayed at in Rome and I go there almost on a monthly basis.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BESTRGA, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your recent survey.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our stay and look forward to welcoming you back,on your next visit to Rome.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This Best Western has outside rooms. The rooms are kinda small and the floor was dirty. For a Best Western, I found the room to be a little below standard. Breakfast was fine and the service was good. There are some other nicer hotels nearby. We ended up at Best Western when the other two right next to it were booked up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ChrisAndFamily
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stay in a lot of Best Westerns and this one is essentially average but an OK stay.
Good pricing. Location is handy and provides ease of travel for US Highway 27 or
over to I 75. Average as to breakfast but we were happy per the above comments.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2010

By the way, this was in Georgia, USA. TripAdvisor can't distinguish between the two Romes.

I wanted three things: Clean, Quiet, Okay-priced. Service isn't as big an issue to me -- but the service was great. This place is nothing fancy and everything I needed.

Clean: We pulled back the covers and the sheets and even pulled the mattress away from the wall inspecting before we even put our things in the room! (You've probably seen all the recent bedbug news, too.) Everything was spic and span. The duration of my stay, I never saw anything that wasn't clean. The air had an old cigarette odor, even in a nonsmoking room, but it wasn't overwhelming and I think they're all like that.

Quiet: It is out of the way (a 5-minute drive to downtown and 15 minutes to Berry College, our destination) situated in a row of 3 hotels and not much else on a minor highway. Therefore, the traffic noise is minimal and there isn't much else to hear. The scenery is pleasant, as well. Trees and hills. I didn't hear much noise from the next rooms either.

Price: We paid $71 with tax.

Service: The owners were amiable, welcoming, and accommodating. I got bitten by a fire ant and they gave me something to take the sting away.

Breakfast was standard. They had a waffle maker, about 8 kinds of bread/pastry, 3 cereal choices, boiled egg, and a couple kinds of fruit. If you consider white flour and sugar and partially hydrogenated oil food, it was all right.

Since I had an extremely hard time choosing lodgings in Rome -- encountering seriously unfavorable reviews on every property --, I wanted to go into detail in case someone else had the same trouble.

Rome was a quaint town. Drive up to the top of the Myrtle Hill Cemetery for the view. Woodrow Wilson's wife is buried there. Two rivers converge at the historic downtown area. Steamboats used to transport goods from the mills here. We heard outdoor music in a small riverside park near Broad where children were playing in water sprinklers; it was pretty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HipFiggy
Lynn Haven, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Most of the other hotels in the area are Hotels and not motor inns. This is a motel will outside entrances to rooms which means rooms will be noisy and filthy. Our room had several bugs in both the bed area and bath room. The air conditioner was noisy. This room was cheaper only by a few days over the next HOTEL and we should have stayed there instead. We won't make this mistake again.

The breakfast was almost non-existent. The manager didn't want to refill anything. The cinnamon buns were cut into 4 pieces so he could make them go further. There was no milk for cereal and only 3 tables in the eating area. Not the usual best Western standards.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple