“Nothing to write home about”
Review of Paul's Oyster Bar - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paul's Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
PA
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Taps must not have been cleaned in some time - IPA was stale, tasted funny. It was 2 for 1 microbrew on Wed - but couldn't finish my first one to want to order another. Flounder stuffed with crab meat had some sort of artificial yellow coloring/lemon pepper on it. Hush puppies had no flavor. Sweet potato buried in margarine. Green beans were mushy. Plastic fish on wall.

• Visited March 2012

MA, USA
“Nothing to write home about.”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Since this appears to be the only microbrewery near Rome I really wanted to like it. Unfortunately I would have to describe the beer as, almost as good as my first batch of home brew. The IPA had a little flavor but the rest were bland. I had a fried fish platter which was decent but the service wasn't so good. I won't bother going back.

1 Thank jaywtea
Summerville, Georgia
“Nothing short of just plain filthy!!!!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

we havn't been to pauls in over 2 years! I wished we had never went! we had crablegs and steak. My husbands crab legs were ok, but the bowl the butter was in, was dirty and had build up on it! yes i sd build up from not being cleaned properly, I had the steak at a over $13.00 price tag! it was not grilled, it was fried and taste and was as thin as a huddle house stk. Then the waitress came by and ask if we would like some more water. This was the straw breaker! The picter was very nasty, with black fungus growing around the water pitcher! I sd OMG! No thanks, My husband didn't see it. She left it on the table beside us. I picked it up and showed him! THAT WAS OUR LAST VISIT TO THE NASTIES RESTRAUNT I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO !!!! SOME ONE CALL THE HEALTH DEPARTMET!!!!

3 Thank misscandy
Sparta, TN
“Paul's was good but #1 in Rome is stretching it a bit.”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We drove & drove and finally found it as it is quite a ways out of town. Interior is cheesy. Service was fast and friendly and had a decent assortment of seafood on the menu. Could also get it cooked several different ways which was nice: fried, blackened, lemon peppered, grilled or broiled. I got the seafood platter which consisted of: catfish, shrimp and oysters. All in all it was pretty good but I wouldn't say that it was any better than Red Lobster. They also have free dessert on Wednesday's and Thursday's. You can also BYOB.

1 Thank Now_Picture_This
New Hampshire
“favorite seafood restaurant in the south”
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I have eaten at some of the best seafood restaurants in new england and Paul's rates right up there with them. It's a wonder to me the place isn't a lot bigger. They have great seafood cooks and the service is better than most of those places in new england. What a find!