“One of the best sandwich stops we've ever enjoyed”
Review of Jamwich

Jamwich
Ranked #8 of 192 Restaurants in Rome
Reviewed October 16, 2017

A group of us were in town for the geocaching event Going Caching and stopped in for lunch on Thursday. We all liked it so much that we did what we rarely do and came back on Friday. Then, we made the unprecedented move of coming back on Saturday! The first time we've ever gone to the same place 3 times when traveling.
I had 3 different sandwiches. I started with the El Fuego - turned out this was my favorite of the 3. Next day I had the Dirty South Mouth - also very good. And finally, the Peachy Q - great smoked brisket with a fantastic taste of the jam.
And you must try one of the jambars if you have room left. Or take it with you to eat later, but not too much later. My favorite was the blueberry lemon, but the Hawaiian, which was the first I tried was very good too.
Everyone in our group thought this was a great place and I think all sandwiches were big hits except for maybe one (there's one in every crowd isn't there). :)
Friendly and helpful staff topped it all off.
I grabbed a Jamwich sticker and it will be on my Jeep driving around Raleigh. Open a shop here!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Close friend said try it. Did a split on the 10" Cuban. Very well done. Intended to go back again but some friends grabbed us to join them at another eatery. Food - Very Good. Service - Excellent. Atmosphere - Educational. Interesting sandwich ? PB and Bacon sandwich ? Maybe next year.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We had a late lunch on a Saturday. Looking at the menu I knew why the funny name.
My wife had a salad and I had a Reuben. My sandwich came with a side. I had potato salad. I wish they had told me it was what I call German potato salad made with mustard. It was good, but I prefer mayo. The sandwich was very good and very well made. I think they put their sauce instead of 1000 island dressing. That didn't change my impression. It was a very good sandwich. My wife liked her salad. I don't remember the name they give it though.
Maybe next time, if there is a next time, we will try one of their signature sandwiches with jam on it.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Neat place to eat for lunch. Food was average. I had chicken salad and husband had blt. The blt had a sweet sauce on it that he said was tasty. For us it was a one time experience.

Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

After reading the reviews and looking at the menu, this place sounded great. We visited on a Saturday afternoon about 5pm (they close at 7pm on Saturday, odd for a "hip" place). The only customers were an older couple, and one other couple came in before we left. There were two young ladies working, one at the counter and one in the kitchen. The young lady was very nice, and we loved the decor of the place. Kind of retro hippy style. However we were disappointed in the sandwiches. I ordered the turkey cranberry and my wife ordered the peppered ham. The bread makes the sandwich, in my opinion, and this bread tastes like stale, toasted Colonial white bread. There was one thin piece of lettuce on the sandwich and just a small bit of jam. Other than the lack luster bread, the flavor was good, it was just a very thin, skimpy sandwich. My wife's sandwich on the other hand only had meat on about half of the sandwich. The other side was just bread with a touch of jam on it, as if it were just tossed together. This place has great potential, and maybe we just went on a bad evening, but I had been looking forward to trying it and I was not impressed. Not bad, but it could be much better. Rome has many restaurants in the old town strip. I'll be trying some of the others next.

Been to Jamwich? Share your experiences!