“the food was awful”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've had the alice springs chicken in other restaurants, and it was excellent. This was awful. It was overcooked. The cheese was hard. It was supposed to have mushrooms, but there were none. The server hurried us up at first, even though they weren't busy, and then we had to wait forever for our food. We will definitely not go back.

There are newer reviews for Outback Steakhouse

Reviewed June 22, 2013

STOP - This place DOES NOT CARE and CONSISTENTLY DISAPPOINTS across the board. I have eaten here many times over the last few years, but NEVER AGAIN. It is a struggle to find words strong enough to describe their COMPLETE lack of service and BLATANT DISREGARD for customer satisfaction.

Using the term 'POOR' as a measurement for the quality of food and service is an OVERLY GRACIOUS INFLATION of the reality delivered. This review is the direct result of Outback's repeated failures and never-ending shortcomings - the sum of which amounts to a void best described as a cyclical onslaught of mind-numbing incompetence. I have been extremelely patient and hopeful over the years that maybe things would turn around - however, the ONLY thing they have succeeded in, is WASTING MY TIME.

Conclusion: NEVER AGAIN OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE. -1

1  Thank Bobby B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

good food and value. usually has a good special. the desert was wonderful i ended up sharing with my nephew

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I had our last night in the US before going back to Europe, after 4 weeks vacation in the southeast. We decided to go for a good steak, and went to Outback. From the time we arrived until the food was on the table, it took over an hour, almost an hour and a half. And when it finally arrived at the table, it was not all we had ordered, fries were missing. The food was average, nothing out of the ordinary. When we complained, the manager turned up, and deducted the last drink we had from the bill.

Would I recommend others to go there? Honestly, no! It seems thin place is not running smooth.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Outback is a great place to eat ! This review will be concerning the fantastic take out service they have that I wasn't aware of. I had dined in before and everything was clean, the food was tasty, and the service was top notch. This time I wanted to treat my mother to a good meal without her having to go out. So, I went to outback.com on the internet, pulled up the restaurant in my city, checked out the menu, and ordered. They had a nice selection of some delicious looking food. I ordered the Honey Chicken with Red Potatoes and squash. ( They add a piece of yeast bread which is really good. I also got a fresh salad. I filled out a description of what I would be driving and they gave me a time when it would be ready. I didn't know what to expect and was sort of ho-hum about it on the way. But when I got there and they brought the food out to my truck, neatly packaged,and smelling so good it was a great first impression. I paid, plus I left a tip for the timely service.
I got home and my mother and I were very impressed with the quality of food we received. Now I will be going back for some more take out because these people have figured out the right way to do take out. I'm very impressed and I would recommend the take out at OutBack 100% to anyone wanting a nice meal at home or where ever you decide to eat the food. Earlier in the year I had dined in and it was the "same", clean, with tasty food and great service. You need to try this because it exceeded my expectations by a long shot. It's like I found a little Gold Mine a few miles from my home and it's called the OutBack. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank kitchen1