“Outback may be back”

Dining options: Reservations
Huntsville, Alabama
“Outback may be back”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

On my first visit to an Outback many years ago, I was blown away by the good tasting food. I used to tell people I was never disapponted. Then along came Logans, Lone Star and best of all Texas Roadhouse. The competition was strong and the Outback meals started tasting ho-hum. Well I stopped in an Outback on a recent drive because my wife was in the mood for their incomparable coconut shrimp. I had grilled Mahi-mahi shrimp and scallops and I was pleasantly surprised that everything seemed as before. The food was excellent, the service attentive and the delivery of the food was medium fast. My only concern was it was 2;00PM Sunday and the parking lot was 1/2 full. We walked in and the hostess told us we would have to wait 5-10 minutes while they prepared a table. They were only using 1/2 of the restaurant and the other half was full of empty tables. Nevertheless, withn a few minutes we were seated and everything went well from there. I will definitely consider it for another stop when I drive through Rome.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Secondtimothy

Calhoun, Georgia
“Not that great”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Went there with Family and Friends and i ordered the Salmon and when the food came out it was great. but then i looked at the salmon was not cooked all the way so i had to stop eating! i was not happy but the server came over and he and his manager took care of it. they took that part off the bill and that was very nice. I will go back and give them another try because the food was good until i seen the salmon was under cooked. But i will have to give them another shot.. :)

• Visited February 2013
“Terrible steaks”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is pretty bad when you go to a steakhouse and the steaks of 3 different families are all cooked wrong! I ordered my steak well done and it came out floating in blood/juices, so I sent mine back. My husband ordered his medium well and his was still red but he ate it anyway. The lady at the table across from us sent her's back because it was undercooked as well. The guy sitting behind us sent his back because he said it "was still mooing" and had ordered his medium well, not raw.
The last 2 times we visited there has always been something wrong with our order. The appetizers came when we got our meal and the food is never cooked right. The last visit our steaks were not cooked properly, and the visit before that...I got alice springs chicken but it was still raw in the middle. Terrible food and they don't even have great service. We won't go back unless they change and get more consistent with their service and food.

• Visited February 2013
Acworth, Georgia
“Consistency issues”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We love Outback, and will continue to go back, but this particular franchise of the restaurant is a bit inconsistent in how good the food is.

Visited January 2013
Columbus, GA
“Good place to eat”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place was clean and quiet. The service was excellent. My steak was a little over cooked but still good. I will eat here again whe in the area.

Visited January 2013

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!