“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have tried it now for three times--lunch and dinners. Seafood purportedly. Chowder, oysters…nah. Mediocre service. And NOISY. Between the music and restaurant's acoustics it is difficult to have a table conversation during typical meal hours. Short of sushi, Rome still lacks a true seafood restaurant option…no, the franchise's don't count for several reasons.

Charles C, Owner at Curlee's Fish House and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I am very sorry for the.unacceptable food and customer service you experienced during your visit.. I would appreciate knowing the date and time of your last visit. I will take this information and zero in on the responsible parties. my biggest challenge has been and continues to be staffing. Thank you for the information and I will work hard to correct these issues.

Respectfully,

Charles J Curlee

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I had high expectations about this place because I read good reviews about Curlee's. We came there for lunch today and sat outside. Server came and we ordered our drinks and the citrus salad with shrimps and the lettuce wedge with oysters, two of their signature dishes. After 45 minutes we left because we still didn't get our food and no server could be found to ask about the status of our order. This was a ridiculous experience. We saw customers across the street in a restaurant arriving after us and leaving before we left. I guess that will the place next time I am out for lunch. Unbelievable! :(

I apologize for the unacceptable experience at my restaurant. After investigating into this situation we have made some staffing changes to be better prepared for service. Your server that day was not in the right frame of mind to provide the level of service that we expect. obviously a late night of partying does not prepare you to take care of customers at lunch.

please accept my sincere apologies for your inconvenience.

Respectfully,

Charles J Curlee

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I got the Ahi sliders they had what they call micro slaw and that slaw is wonderful. It absolutely makes the meal. Service was excellent and the chef/manager came by to check on us. We were able to get some of that slaw to go.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Vey good seafood. I had the blackened mahi and the Krakalaka shrimp. They were both very good. Shark Attach drink was also real good

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Enjoyed the Salmon BLT and also a wedge salad at lunch with colleagues. Everyone at our table was impressed with the whole dining experience. Very fresh and delicious. Can't wait to go again.

Charles C, Owner at Curlee's Fish House and Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Delighted to hear you had a great experience at Curlee's. We continue every day to work harder to be better. We hope to see you back soon. Join us for dinner!