“Best seafood experience!”

Curlee's Fish House and Oyster Bar
Ranked #67 of 180 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Rome
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best seafood experience!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My family and I went to curlees for dinner on a Wednesday and i was amazed. The service was great, our server was sweet, friendly, and entertaining. She made sure our food and drinks were good and even made a great recommendation on the crabbie Louie. By far the best seafood restaurant in Rome. Red lobster had nothing on this place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank foodlovingmom10
Charles C, Owner at Curlee's Fish House and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! We work really hard at what we do and truly appreciate you taking the time to make a review. I hope you will continue to visit Curlee's Fish House and Oyster Bar in the future. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can improve on to make your experience with us even more enjoyable! Thanks for visiting us and look forward to seeing you again!!!

Rome, Georgia
“Disappoining food and service. Never again”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We should have taken Anthony Bourdain's counsel to never eat at a fish restaurant on a Monday. My salmon blt was flavorful but salmon way overecooked, fries soggy and not really edible. Others in my party suffered intestinal distress after eating the fish and chips. Never good when you hear the next day that one of your party spent a great deal of time on the toilet in the wee hours of the morning. Service was mediocre as well. Seems that bad management might be the cause of why the service and food are lacking. We went here about 6 months ago and it was good enought to come back, but never again after this last meal.

Visited March 2014
Rome, Georgia
“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was really looking forward to a good seafood meal. However, my fish was undercooked. I don't like raw fish! My husband's food was seriously overcooked. The service was terrible, and the attitudes of the servers was poor. I won't go back there.

Visited September 2013
Silver Creek, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in to Curlee's for lunch an had a great time our server Rebecca was a blast an even the kitchen manager checked to see how everything was. We both had shrimp baskets an oysters the prices where good an the atmosphere was great we will definitely be back

1 Thank jarock75
Knoxville, TN
“We'll be back.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Had dinner at Curlee's for the first time this evening. Typical downtown Rome, GA, restaurant in one of the old buildings on Broad Street. I had the fried oysters, with a salad and onion rings. Food came out a little early - had barely begun my salad - but that's certainly not a deal breaker. I thought the oysters tasted fresh and freshly breaded. I saw someone shucking oysters at the back of the dining area and went over to take a peak. They looked very good on the half-shell and when I asked him where they came from he showed me the tag showing they were from Appalachicola. Onion rings were "real" onion rings and I thought they were pretty good. Husband had fried shrimp which he thought were good. Probably a large-to-jumbo size, about 2 bites each. He had fries as his side and he thought they were over-seasoned. We each had 2 beers. Cold and good price - what more could you want? Service was fine. Restrooms were very clean. Live music was warming up when we came in around 6:15, but I don't know what time he was supposed to start. Total for both meals and 4 beers came to $44. Not bad. We agreed that we will give them another try.

• Visited January 2014