“Schroeder's deli is a staple in Rome”

Schroeder's New Deli
Ranked #12 of 182 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: For 34 years Romans young and old have enjoyed lunch and dinner at one location that remains popular no matter how many restaurants move onto Broad Street: Schroeder's New Deli. Come sit on our side walk café, toss back a cold one and indulge in one of our pizza calzones, potato skins, or famous soft bread pretzels that are baked in house. At Schroeder's, we have the best jukebox east of the Mississippi River and during the summer months you can find a band playing in our back courtyard. We have all types of music that play here, including a Poetry Night. We love a good deal and are always offering discounts. Bring in your church bulletin and receive a 10% discount. Have a competitor's coupon? Bring it in and if it fits our concept, we will honor it! If it's your birthday or anniversary, you also get a family app for free! Did you know: former Schroeder's employees include a NASA astrophysicist, a satellite dish salesman, and a retired Sargent who served in the Marines? And that's all from one night shift! At Schroeder's we are family and look forward to making your part of it. We hope to see you soon!
Georgia
“Schroeder's deli is a staple in Rome”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Schroeder's deli is one of the first places I ate in Rome, GA. I was very impressed with their Hippy atmosphere and their unusual ingredients in food. I love Schroeder's and recommend it to my friends and family.

Visited January 2014

Rome, Georgia
“Always good”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a favorite hangout for many. The food is always good and the atmosphere is warm. Service can be a little slow but everyone is used to it and the servers are friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Rome, Georgia
“Always a great place to go!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food is really good, especially the Roast Beef Relief. This is casual dining at it's best. The staff is friendly, and the owner, John Schroeder, is always friendly. My first impression when I first moved to Rome, GA, many years ago, was how great that people of all ages enjoy this deli-style restaurant, and still do. The food is good, and so are the prices.

Visited March 2014
Florida
“25 years and I still love it !”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I have been eating at Schroeder's since high school days. The food is a mixture of nostalgia and old Rome. The Hoagie Carmichael taste the same as it did in 1986. I now bring my kids every time we visit Rome. They know it has a soft spot for me and they love the sandwiches too ! Very casual and relaxing, the prices are super affordable and you know your eating at a Landmark restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Too pricy and undercooked.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Visited for the first time today. 1/4 lb sam burger was very pink for well done. Potato bread is also used. Staff and location were fine. May be just bad luck on my part....I would try it again if in Rome.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Schroeder's New Deli? Share your experiences!