My family and I used to go to Magretta Hall for Sunday brunch and we have very fond memories of dining there. I was excited to try La Marie's today, to celebrate my Mother's birthday; however we did not have the dinning experience we had hoped:
• We were barely greeted when we walked in the front door
• Once we were seated, a waiter or waitress never approached our table.
• We were eventually offered water and coffee by the host, but no one ever welcomed us and described the menu or told us about the options included in the buffet
• The food was mediocre at best, and it was difficult to serve.
○ The beautiful salad bar we liked so much at Magretta Hall no longer exists. Instead, the salad items that were offered included a pre-mixed salad, potato salad and fruit. This small display was placed around a column between the dining area and a walk way. It was awkward to serve yourself here as there was no place to set your plate, and it felt in the way of other diners - those entering the restaurant as well as those seated trying to enjoy their meal
○ It was also difficult to serve oneself in the hot buffet line - someone had to hold the lid of the chaffing dish instead of having the lids roll up or down
• We had to flag down staff members to ask for our waters to be refilled, and eventually had to stop someone to ask for the check. After all of this, it was actually infuriating when a waitress asked us if we would like to-go cups and told us to have a "blessed day". We felt ignored the entire time we were at the restaurant, and this seemed like a weak attempt to make a tip.
I am not sure if this was a one off experience. Maybe they were low on staff and the food is better if you order off of the menu, but I don't care to try this restaurant again. I am deeply disappointed in the service, quality of food, and overall ambiance of this establishment. It is not the same quality and experience of Magretta Hall. We will not go back to La Marie's.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.