“Not A Great Experience”

La' Marie's
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have been here before for dinner, it was fantastic! However, I just recently went for lunch and the service was lowsy. I was not greeted with a smile and when I ordered a bar drink it was disgusting. The waitress was not engaging and did not seem to want to be there. It was not the service I expected for a second visit. The food wasn't up to par for this scale of restaurant.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great atmosphere, great food. Service is a bit slow if this is during your lunch break. Prices are great.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at La Marie's. The food is top notch and the service was excellent. Nice wine list. I had the Beef Wellington which was cooked perfectly. The pastry was light and crispy and the filet was terrific and tender. My man had the filet mignon which was also wonderful. Both came with a house salad or soup, garlic mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. Very reasonably priced. A pianist played while we ate. We went on a Friday night and made reservations. The reservation was not needed though as there was hardly anybody in the place. I hope this changes as this is a really great restaurant.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

During a recent trip to the South, I discovered my newest favorite restaurant! After a couple weeks of traveling, I visited Rome, GA for two days. I was tired of traveling as well as eating out. Needless to say, I was in no mood to like a new restaurant. But, this visit was more than just "like", it was love.

Friends invited me to dinner and took me to La Marie's. What a wonderful surprise! The food was excellent. The dinner entrees at our table ranged from a hamburger to Beef Wellington. My favorite was the tuna. It was flavorful, tender and presented as a work of art on the plate. Everything was excellent (doggie bags were NOT needed this evening as we ate everything!).

I highly recommend La Marie's. Perfect for a quiet dinner, that special occasion outing or a group of friends enjoying a night out. The atmosphere of the restaurant is dressy, but the customers were dressed from casual to suits. I am already planning my next trip to take me through Rome and dine at this restaurant again.

Oh, and check out the big door behind the bar. It is an old bank vault door from an earlier era of this building. Love the history of this old Rome landmark.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

the wait staff were so friendly and accommodating. They were out of several wines but accommodated nicely with a better substitute at a lower price. Food was very good. Caesar salad was delicious. Loved the decor.